Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware 1.08e and Duet Web Control 1.06

Posted by chrishamm 
Re: New firmware 1.08e and Duet Web Control 1.06
April 25, 2015 05:45AM
Thanks zombiepantslol,
seems like i forgot to upgrade the firmware, now it works like a charm.
April 25, 2015 12:33PM
zombiepantslol
Hi John,

that code looks quite horrible! First, it's a bad idea to use M25 in G-code files, the right code for this purpose is M226. Second, you should not put it in the same line as a G1 code, put in a separate line either above or below your move code - then it should work well. M25 may be used only to pause a print via the web interface or from a serial line (Pronterface, Simplify3D or dc42's PanelDue). If you modify your G-code file this way, everything should work properly.

Edit: And don't attempt to call M25/M226 in either pause.g or resume.g, this really wouldn't make sense and might cause the symptoms you described.

Hi zombiepantslol;
Thanks for the advice ,I now have this feature workingsmiling smiley.
It seems that some of the problem was that not all files were being transferred or should I say modified on my SD card from the Duet Web Control UI (although it shows the uploads as being successful),it may have been my card or editor or something else.I have to do it manually from the computer.My question really is would it be possible to view the contents of SD card directories from the web UI to check or am I asking for the impossible?

Many thanks

John
April 25, 2015 02:00PM
Hi John,

I'm glad you've solved this problem. I'm quite certain that this issue aroused because your editor didn't save it properly because the firmware compares the actual file sizes before it reports a success. Currently there is no way to view files directly via the web interface, however you can use FTP to do that. Just download FileZilla, set up a new server with the Duet's IP address, choose any user name you like as long as it isn't empty [root e.g.] and specify the password from your config.g file [default is reprap]. I guess this would be sufficient for your purpose smiling smiley
April 25, 2015 04:28PM
Hello to everybody, i have a problem, in the school where i work there are 4 new 3d printer ormerod 2 bought from RS components, now someone have decided to give me one to assemble that i did. The problem is that i'm unable to upload the firmware, honestly my skill is not so high, but i downloaded the firmware from the link found on the manual also the additional library but when i try to compile an error comes up, i tried to fix everything but it seems that something is wrong for me of course. At this point i would like to receive a help from someone to upload the firmware, basically i need e complete file. Also i would like to know how it's possible to upload a bin file due that arduino ide not read it. Thanks so much in advance for someone that can help me.
April 25, 2015 06:30PM
Don't try to compile the firmware unless you need to make changes to it. You can get precompiled binaries for the firmware (for the official RepRapPro firmware, and also my fork and zpl's fork). See [reprappro.com] for the firmware download and install instructions.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 25, 2015 07:22PM
Many thanks for your fast reply Dc42, I'm not trying to change nothing, the problem is that the main board received is empty and I have to load the firmware, I have already downloaded from the link that you have post, I downloaded the firmware and the additional library, unfortunately when I try to verify all the time a message comes up, saying that something is missing, I read somewhere that also other people have the same problem, it seems also that not read the files located in the subfolders. I work under windows so no so much problem should be found. Thanks

Ps. Also how can I manage the bin file that you have shared? Ardovino program not open those files

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2015 07:24PM by Igloo_it.
April 26, 2015 05:01AM
you dont need to open it ,you need to load it to the board as the instructions say with the bossac program ,i have attached it to this post

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2015 05:05AM by Darathy.
Attachments:
open | download - bossac.zip (251.5 KB)
April 26, 2015 12:37PM
Thanks for the info, i finally flashed the board whit this firmware. I have one question when i try to check the temp with N105 the result is ok T: B:23.6 H0:23.6/-273.1 H1:20.9/-273.0 i checked the wires and it seems ok any ideas? Also no one axis move......... Good start, thanks
April 26, 2015 01:02PM
Looks good! I recommend upgrading to version 1.08f though if you have an Ormerod 2. You response tells me that you don't have a tool selected, so send T0 and you should get a valid reading in Pronterface.

The other 'H' values indicate the configured heaters and their actual and target temperatures. They look good to me, too. H0 is the bed and H1 is the first nozzle heater.

Be aware that you can only drive an extruder if you either send M302 P1 first or heat up the corresponding tool heater to at least 100C (160C for extrusion moves). But the other axis drives don't have any requirements, you should be able to move them - preferably by homing them first using G28 (of course this requires some homing macros in your /sys directory).
April 26, 2015 03:34PM
Solved the problem with the hot end termistore, i have flashed the version 1.04 and now it works and warm up both bed and hot end. Now the problem is that no one motor move at all, any ideas? thanks
April 26, 2015 04:22PM
hmm ,did you put the jumper on the 5V pins? [reprappro.com] this might be a problem but otherwise check the wiring of the motors that they are pluged at their designated pins.
April 26, 2015 04:55PM
I have checked carefully everything before to power on, the pin is in place, and everything should be in right place like described, I found also the wrong polarity on the proximity plug. The high voltage is on the board due of the fact that the elements warm up. Strangely all motors not turn, I warm up the hot end to check the extruder motor and also this motor won't turn. I read and test almost everything and I'm unable to find the solution. Any test are welcome thanks
April 26, 2015 05:11PM
Do you have a M906 command in your config.g file to set the motor currents? You can run M906 without any parameters to see what the currents are set to.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 26, 2015 05:44PM
Dc42 the result of M906 is this

Axis currents (mA) - X:797.9, Y:999.3, Z:797.9, E:797.9:205064.7:205064.7:205064.7:205064.7

in the config the string is

; ...but relative extruder movesM906 X800 Y1000 Z800 E800
; Set motor currents (mA)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2015 05:48PM by Igloo_it.
April 26, 2015 07:04PM
That's not the problem then.

April 27, 2015 01:46PM
might be a defect in the board?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2015 01:47PM by Darathy.
April 27, 2015 02:47PM
Darathy
might be a defect in the board?

As it is a new build and the boards are not functionally tested by RRP, that is indeed a possibility, but build mistakes are also common. You can check whether the firmware is sending commands to the stepper drivers fairly easily. Send the command "G92 X100 Y100". Look at the reported position in the web interface or send the command "M114" to get the current position, which should be as you have just set (XY at 100,100). Now use the X and Y move arrows in Pronterface or the web interface to move the X and Y axis - obviously you will see no movement because of the fault. But check the reported position again and see whether it has changed by the amount of the moves. If so, it means that the firmware "thinks" it has powered the steppers and sent the move command, if not it means that something has prevented the firmware from acting on the move command and we can look for software reasons rather than hardware faults. (There is no feedback to tell the firmware of the actual positions, it computes the positions from the number of steps it has sent to the motor drivers since the last G92 command or homing operation).

If the move registered in the reported position, keep the power on and try moving the X or Y axis by hand to see whether you can feel strong resistance in steps as you move (much more so than moving the axis with no power applied), which would indicate that there is power getting to at least one of the motor coils.

Is there a possibility that you have at any time unplugged or plugged in the stepper motors while you had the 12V supply switched on? Doing so while the motors are powered-up is highly likely to blow the stepper drivers even if the motors were not moving at the time. It is however OK to power up the 12V without the motors connected, so long as you power down the 12V supply before connecting them. Maybe post a photograph of your Duet board (with all wires connected) in case anyone is able to spot something amiss on the board or with the wiring.

There is a small possibility that RRP sent a batch of bad motor wiring harnesses, so you could check end-to-end continuity on a harness to eliminate that possibility, and also that the pins are making contact. Also visually check the solder joints around the stepper drivers and motor connectors. Several people have found solder bridges between pins on a stepper I.C., but it would be unlikely that you have a board with separate faults on all 4 drivers.

Any further fault-finding I can think of involves probing voltages on the Duet board. I can give instructions as to where to probe and what to look for, but you will need to have some experience using a voltmeter and probing a circuit board because it is easy to cause damage by shorting things out with the probes when measuring voltages on a live board (you cannot look at the voltmeter and keep an eye on the probes at the same time!).

Dave
April 27, 2015 07:19PM
I started to build another ormerod (I have four to build) and I'm curious to know what's going on with this. I have attached the phots of the two boards that are a little bit different.
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (339.3 KB)
open | download - image.jpg (339.3 KB)
April 27, 2015 07:22PM
Thanks Dave for your detailed explanation, I'll look into asap and report back.
In any case the bed and the hot end works perfectly and it sound strange that all the stepper drivers are faulty or connection problem, probably i made a mistake somewhere but I'm not realized where. The only problem is that i checked the proximity sensor as x instruction and the result is that I'm around 27 to 33 not like they said, no big value is reported, could this cause the problem? In any case I changed the wire position before to test because on my connector the yellow and green was inverted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2015 07:27PM by Igloo_it.
April 28, 2015 09:21AM
Igloo_it
The only problem is that i checked the proximity sensor as x instruction and the result is that I'm around 27 to 33 not like they said, no big value is reported, could this cause the problem? In any case I changed the wire position before to test because on my connector the yellow and green was inverted.

No, no fault with the Z height/X home sensor would cause all stepper motors to not function, so that is not the issue. An incorrect sense on the X and/or Y home sensors could however result in no movement after issuing a home command, but will not prevent movement when using the X, Y or Z "jog" buttons. The extruder motor might not move with a cold extruder.

As said, if you can take a good clear photograph of your Duet board with all the wires connected and attach it to a post here. If you have made a wiring error at the board end I am sure someone will spot it. Also if possible take a clear close-up shot of the stepper driver area of the board.

The fact that your heaters work OK has eliminated many possible causes.

Dave
April 28, 2015 09:24AM
Igloo_it
I started to build another ormerod (I have four to build) and I'm curious to know what's going on with this. I have attached the phots of the two boards that are a little bit different.

I think you have uploaded the same photo twice - I can't see any difference.

April 28, 2015 10:56AM
dc42
Igloo_it

I think you have uploaded the same photo twice - I can't see any difference.

And they are both exactly the same size.
April 29, 2015 02:58AM
Sorry I posted th same photo, this is the other one, tonight i think that I'll test the second printer
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (216.4 KB)
April 29, 2015 12:50PM
Hi!

I haven't updated my ormerod 1 for quite some time now.
I use dc42's ''1.00a-dc42'' firmware version
and 1.04 ormerod control.
I also use modulated Z probe.
And only one extrusion head.
Can I just flash your new firmware and your duet web control.?
And use my old config.g file?-see attached file
are there any things that I need to change?
Or is it better to upgrade firmware to dc's new 1.04f version,
and use Duet web control 1.06?
What are the differences?
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2015 01:05PM by Mercnik.
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (2 KB)
April 29, 2015 01:40PM
Igloo_it, as you've apparently switched back to RRP's current firmware version and haven't figured out what's going on yet, I suggest to contact RRP's support team and ask them. Your wiring looks okay to me, so I can't tell what else you might try.

Mercnik, that config file should work fine with my firmware fork (as it should with dc42's latest version AFAICS). The main difference between dc42's and my fork is that I'm still using the original (yet vastly improved) Move code by RRP, while dc42's Move code has been rewritten entirely from scratch and does run smoother in general. I'm hoping to merge his changes into my fork sometime soon, but I can't guarantee this will happen anytime soon. There are a couple of other changes in my fork (e.g. support for a heater chamber and minor improvements in the print monitor class), so I suggest you try both versions and then decide which one you want to keep.

My web interface works well with both firmware forks, however I suggest you stick with dc42's if you own a PanelDue. Although my firmware ought to work with dc42's LCD controller, I haven't tested this functionality yet and it may not receive status updates while a macro file is being processed.
April 29, 2015 07:29PM
Quick update(this evening back to home too late), I plugged everything fastly, the x and z axis work fine, the y axis seem to be underpowered even if I help by hand it move strangely, the hot end probe is not recognized at all, I sent a M105 and only one temp was showed, the bed probe is recognized wrongly. I tried to send the x axis to home but an error comes up, no g code.... Right now I'm thinking that I have not inserted the ad card and also not programmed, tomorrow I'll test with the sad card of the first printer. What I should test to understand what's going on with the y motor? Thanks
April 30, 2015 04:19PM
if you dont have a SD card in the printer , the motor may not have required power to run it since the Power settings are in the Config file on the sd card(Note: you have to load the files onto the sd card ,it is BLANK).
April 30, 2015 06:15PM
Darathy
if you dont have a SD card in the printer , the motor may not have required power to run it since the Power settings are in the Config file on the sd card(Note: you have to load the files onto the sd card ,it is BLANK).

Good point! Can you confirm the SD card is read at startup? See [reprappro.com] - this is very important!
May 01, 2015 04:59AM
zombiepantslol
Darathy

Good point! Can you confirm the SD card is read at startup? See [reprappro.com] - this is very important!

I already got him to run M906 to check that the motor currents were set, see [forums.reprap.org].

May 01, 2015 05:42AM
dc42
zombiepantslol
Darathy

I already got him to run M906 to check that the motor currents were set, see [forums.reprap.org].

Ah i must have missed it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login