Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M574 command

Posted by BenBB 
M574 command
April 19, 2015 03:41AM
Hi All
Is there a way to check if the DUET board actually detects the Y-End Stop ?
by this I mean is there a way to get feedback from the firmware to indicate when "end-stop switch closed" "end-stop switch not closed"
I want to manually check that the end-stop is detected by the FW, M574 X0 Y1 Z0 S1 is set in config.g but still my duet ignores the end stops.
I can see the LED on the PCB turn on when the end-stop is reached but the motors just keep going !!

Tx Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2015 03:42AM by BenBB.
Re: M574 command
April 19, 2015 04:14AM
Yes, send M119. If your printer is ignoring the endstop, check that you haven't told it to use the Z probe instead for that axis, see M558 command.

Note that RepRapFirmware only takes notice of the endstops during homing. After homing, it enforces software travel limits as set by your M208 commands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2015 04:15AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 19, 2015 05:56AM
Hi Dave, tx I will try the M119 setting
however
I`m a bit confused here, the Config file says one thing and the documentation another P2 is for a modulated probe, P1 for unmodulated type....
Gcode in config
*** If you have a modulated IR probe with on-board microcontroller, change P2 to P1 in the following
M558 P2 ; Use a simple modulated Z probe (change to P1 for an intelligent Z probe)
Gcode documentation
Example: M558 P0 X1 Y0 Z1
A Z probe may be a switch, an IR proximity sensor, or some other device. This selects which to use. P0 indicates that no Z probe is present. P1 gives an unmodulated IR probe, or any other probe type that emulates an unmodulated IR probe (probe output is an analog signal that rises with decreasing nozzle height above the bed). If there is a control signal to the probe, it is driven high when the probe type is P1. P2 specifies a modulated IR probe, where the modulation is commanded directly by the main board firmware using the control signal to the probe. P3 selects an alternative Z probe by driving the control signal to the probe low. P4 selects a switch (on the Duet, this must be connected to the E0 endstop pins).
Tx Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2015 05:58AM by BenBB.
April 19, 2015 06:17AM
P2 is for a simple modulated probe where the modulation signal is generated by the Duet, such as the one that RRP ships with Ormerod 2 and Huxley Duo. The Z probe boards that I sell use an on-board microcontroller to do the modulation, so they need P1 instead so that the Duet firmware interprets the output correctly.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login