Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello, Im trying to improve my print quality with a new pla fillament, here is what it looks like now

Posted by victhor 
3d filaments
Thank you all for interesting with 3D Filaments. All samples has been send. Waiting for your reviews. Is anybody else looking to test our filaments? Thank you

Hello, do you send examples to Germany? I would also like to try 1.75mm PLA. Please send me a PM for contact details.
Just to throw my 2p in the pot....
I ordered a kg of PLA from Galactic Warehouse, but found I couldn't get it to give good results.
My reason for ordering was purely my main supplier had run out of stock of the colour I required.
The prints I did with this spool of filament nearly all ended up in the bin.
I've now got a spool from WeDo3DPrinting (the supplier I like to use), and ever thing is good again.

I know other people get good results from Galactic Warehouse, so why I don't is beyond me....
I intend to keep the spool for making bits that don't really matter, and are hidden from view.
Kim..

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
KimBrown

I ordered a kg of PLA from Galactic Warehouse, but found I couldn't get it to give good results.
My reason for ordering was purely my main supplier had run out of stock of the colour I required.
The prints I did with this spool of filament nearly all ended up in the bin.
I've now got a spool from WeDo3DPrinting (the supplier I like to use), and ever thing is good again.

Interesting, I had exactly the opposite experience! I have had several spools of PLA from Galactic Warehouse, and they all adhere well to plain glass @ 65C indicated bed temperature. Whereas the filament I had from WeDo3DPrinting just won't stick to glass, so I have to print it on sovent cement or ABS juice instead.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
3d filaments
www.3dfilaments.ie - We are supplying quality 3d ABS and PLA filaments for £13.70 1kg spool. For bulk orders we have hudge discounts. We sending free sample packs, so you can check quality. We are based in Ireland. Orders to UK will take 48 hours. Our filaments was tested on Makerbot and work perfectly. Nice colours made from italian pigments. Filaments are made from US materials. Anybody interesting to receive free samples ?smiling smiley

PLA 1.75 test:

Brilliant colors.
Printing on glass easily.
The filament does not break if left in the printer.
Smells good when printing.
Precise size.

Valuation:thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
One of the best at the best price

Dario

Ormerod 187
Firmware Electronics: Duet 0.6
Firmware Version:1.18.1 (2017-04-07)
Web Interface Version:1.15a
Slic3r 1.2.9a and Simplify3D 4.0.0
[www.dropbox.com]
Ormerod187
3d filaments
www.3dfilaments.ie - We are supplying quality 3d ABS and PLA filaments for £13.70 1kg spool. For bulk orders we have hudge discounts. We sending free sample packs, so you can check quality. We are based in Ireland. Orders to UK will take 48 hours. Our filaments was tested on Makerbot and work perfectly. Nice colours made from italian pigments. Filaments are made from US materials. Anybody interesting to receive free samples ?smiling smiley

PLA 1.75 test:

Brilliant colors.
Precise size.

Dario

I would totaly agree with Dario it is very easy to print with (Did need to play with My Temp setting's and settled on 205 on the extruder and 65 on the bed)

Printed fine and stuck well onto plain Glass cleaned with Acetone, Part also released easily.

Will be placing an order soon!

Dougthumbs up
I'm falling in love with this filament ... simply amazing

I'm printing with:
directly on glass at 65° cleaned with distilled malt vinegar and sometimes with dishwasher
first layer 205° then 185° but more if I need a stronger model

we could try more high definitions than 0.24... if I remember correctly it has already been achieved with Ormerod

Dario

Ormerod 187
[www.dropbox.com]
Ormerod187

I'm printing with:
directly on glass at 65° cleaned with distilled malt vinegar and sometimes with dishwasher

we could try more high definitions than 0.24... if I remember correctly it has already been achieved with Ormerod

Dario

My prints were with a 0.4 mm nozzle at 0.2 mm layer height

Doug
How much do you get in the sample pack ? I just looked on their site and it says delivery is 12 Euro which is rather a lot
if the sample pack is not very big
Don Recardo
How much do you get in the sample pack ? I just looked on their site and it says delivery is 12 Euro which is rather a lot
if the sample pack is not very big

Mine came with 4 samples of arround 3-5 mtrs each if you PM Them your address I am sure they will send you a pack.

Doug
Hi Doug
Yes they just agreed to post me some ,
Its just that on their website it was asking me for 12 euros postage for the free sample which sounded a bit much
dougal1957
Ormerod187

I'm printing with:

Dario

My prints were with a 0.4 mm nozzle at 0.2 mm layer height

Doug

current test print:
0.3 mm nozzle at 0.04 mm layer height
first layer 0.24 then 0.04

probably we can more...

Dario

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 10:06AM by Ormerod187.

What does this mean? tongue sticking out smiley Funny idea... plastic releasing flavours when printing or for some time after print like a green wondertree.
gazoox

What does this mean? tongue sticking out smiley Funny idea... plastic releasing flavours when printing or for some time after print like a green wondertree.

Hi gazoox,
yep winking smiley
why not?

Citrus notes of mandarin, grapefruit, lemon and bergamot

or a very low degree of toxicity

Dario

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 01:39PM by Ormerod187.

Ormerod 187
[www.dropbox.com]
Going back to Galactic Warehouse filament, I tried a few reels and I'm not too sure what to make of it... I had been having real problems with 3D Filaprint which was the first filament I'd tried other than the white stuff RS supplied with the Ormerod kit. Whereas the white stuff had a matt finish, the orange FilaPrint was exceedingly glossy (not just the bit in contact with the glass) and just didn't seem to want to fuse at any temperature. I tried at 220 which was 40 hotter than I'd ever used with the white stuff. So having read good reports about the GW PLA I though I'd give it a go. Same result as the FilaPrint - similarly glossy. Maybe a bit better adhesion but printed items feel like they could unravel at any minute. I tried increasing the extrusion factor to squeeze a bigger sausage out the nozzle but it's started to make the extrusion motor skip steps with the same printing speed settings.

I wonder whether there's any significance to the fact that I seem to get better results from a matt filament?

RS Components Reprap Ormerod No. 481
Ormerod187
3d filaments

PLA 1.75 test:

Brilliant colors.
Precise size.

Dario

Quite agree with this ,i have tested the samples on this 3D benchy( [www.thingiverse.com] ).
The colors are really good looking ,a bit on the shiny side ,layer adhesion seems great .
I printed same one with fillament from RepRap Austria and when i tried to twist the Cabin part i could hear layers delaminating. With the fillament from www.3dfilaments.ie i could hear nothing with much more force. Bridging seems great.
My only complaint is the shipping cost sad smiley it costs 19€ for shiping alone and 19€ for the fillament(which is really cheap!).
Print Temp: 195 first layer and 185 the rest
Bed: 50C
Print speed: abaut 15mm/s

www.3dfilaments.ie:

RepRap Austria:

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 05:20PM by Darathy.
Darathy

My only complaint is the shipping cost sad smiley it costs 19€ for shiping alone and 19€ for the fillament(which is really cheap!).

Hi Darathy,
nice test!

[3dfilaments.ie]
FREE DELIVERY, WHEN YOU ORDER FOR OVER € 100

I have to choose colors...

ops... Darathy you are right!
free delivery not available

Dario

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2015 02:51AM by Ormerod187.

Ormerod 187
[www.dropbox.com]
Ormerod187

PLA 1.75 test:

Brilliant colors.
Precise size.

I fully agree with that !
thumbs up

Dario[/quote]
when I asked for my sample pack they told me if I want to order from them that filament is 19 Euro and
delivery 12 euros for up to 31KG sent 48 hours trackable by DPD
So buying more than one reel makes it better value

Up till now I have been getting my filament from Etang Electronics [stores.ebay.co.uk]
They sell
PLA £15.80 per KG free delivery
ABS £13.80 per KG free delivery
I am lucky because I live about 10 minutes drive from their factory unit so collect it myself
for which they reduce it to £15 per KG or 4 reels for £55
I have only tried the PLA so far but after getting through 3 KG I have had nothing but great results
For me it works just as good as the reel of white that came in the ormerod 2 kit
Its what I have used to print all the parts for my new printer
Attachments:
open | download - Printer 2.jpg (351.3 KB)
Hello everybody.
We offer free delivery for orders over 400 euros.
Free delivery for orders over 100 euros was available when filament's prices were higher.
I apologize for any confusion.
Regards,
Monika
Don Recardo

So buying more than one reel makes it better value
Hi Don Recardo,
I agree with you.

I have to reorganize my orders... not a mission impossible.

Dario

Ormerod 187
[www.dropbox.com]
Radian
Going back to Galactic Warehouse filament, I tried a few reels and I'm not too sure what to make of it... I had been having real problems with 3D Filaprint which was the first filament I'd tried other than the white stuff RS supplied with the Ormerod kit. Whereas the white stuff had a matt finish, the orange FilaPrint was exceedingly glossy (not just the bit in contact with the glass) and just didn't seem to want to fuse at any temperature. I tried at 220 which was 40 hotter than I'd ever used with the white stuff. So having read good reports about the GW PLA I though I'd give it a go. Same result as the FilaPrint - similarly glossy. Maybe a bit better adhesion but printed items feel like they could unravel at any minute. I tried increasing the extrusion factor to squeeze a bigger sausage out the nozzle but it's started to make the extrusion motor skip steps with the same printing speed settings.

I wonder whether there's any significance to the fact that I seem to get better results from a matt filament?

I wonder whether your hotend is reporting incorrect temperatures so that you are printing a lot colder than you think you are? I've noticed that Matt filaments and dark filaments often need a slightly cooler hotend temperature.

Dave
3d filaments
Hello everybody.
We offer free delivery for orders over 400 euros.
Free delivery for orders over 100 euros was available when filament's prices were higher.
I apologize for any confusion.
Regards,
Monika

Hello,

many thanks. Your samples arrived today. But you really have to redesign your page. I was not getting any information about shipping costs outside ireland. After registering I got shipping costs, but this differs from the shipping costs you told me via PM. And also the cart does not include VAT, but the reprap shop does. I bought two reels from another shop just two weeks ago. Otherwise I would have bought the reels from your shop as far as possible. These reels were more expensive but I did not have to pay shipping costs and the two reels print easiely.
To make long things short: Can you please tell me how I should compare prices to check if it is worth to pay the shipping costs? What about datasheets? Maybe I would like to buy some opaque filament (is it called like this) and to keep this opaque effect it should be printed at the lowest extruder temperature as possible, as far as I know.

I did not test the filament yet but the first impression is good. Good and clean colors, no dirt. Did somebody here ordered already a complete reel? Is this the same quality?

Sven
Dear Sven
All information about shipping is incuded when you go to Shopping Cart. You have to choose "Estimate Shipping & Taxes" and our website calculate price for shipping. Shipping costs to Gemany its the same as I inform you on PM - 16.80 euros. About Vat- all prices included vat. Each customer, who place an order receive Vat invoice.
The samples I send you are taken from spools available on our website.
Regards,
Monika
3D Filaments
Dear Monika,

I hope you did not understand me wrong and I believe you, but I have no proove yet. So I got your shipping costs right but the filament reel is given with 15,44€. Inside Ireland you pay 19€. If 15,44€ is correct that I do not think, I would accept the higher price if I would buy 2 reels.
Which price I would have to pay for one reel? 19€ incl. VAT or 15,44€ without?
I saw you have updated your web page, but Terms & Conditions still not works.

I am looking for a good object to print the samples, but for the 3dbenchy I need at least 4m filament and I got round about 3.4m of each color. Is there maybe something silmilar?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2015 02:15PM by Treito.
i think 15.44€ is right ,atleast thats what the tax and shiping calculator says for me ,i live in slovenia
Darathy
i think 15.44€ is right ,atleast thats what the tax and shiping calculator says for me ,i live in slovenia

My problem is that the Reprap shop adds the VAT to my price (I have an eye on the 4-wire Z-Probe). Maybe that is right, because of the two different countries, maybe not. That is why I am asking.
i think it just depends on the company , some include vat some dont. Atleast in my country some companies dont have to pay VAT if they purchese for the company if they sell then they do pay VAT.
Dear Users
After complains about our shipping price we make same changes. We can not change the prices of shipping( as we choose cheapest courier available in Ireland) but we decide to reduce prices of our filaments. Our new pirce is £11.04 including Vat. Please have a look again on our modified website www.3dfilaments.ie
Thank you
Regards,
Monika
3d filaments
Dear Users
After complains about our shipping price we make same changes. We can not change the prices of shipping( as we choose cheapest courier available in Ireland) but we decide to reduce prices of our filaments. Our new pirce is £11.04 including Vat. Please have a look again on our modified website www.3dfilaments.ie
Thank you
Regards,
Monika

Thank your for this! ,i have noticed it when i was buying, so far verry satisfied with the service!
Treito
My problem is that the Reprap shop adds the VAT to my price (I have an eye on the 4-wire Z-Probe). Maybe that is right, because of the two different countries, maybe not. That is why I am asking.

Whether or not you have to pay VAT when ordering physical goods that are delivered direct to you from a VAT-registered supplier within the EU depends on what country you live in:

- If you are in the same country as the supplier, you always pay VAT.

- If you are in another EU country and you are not a VAT-registered company, you pay VAT at the rate in the supplier's country.

- If you are in another EU country and you are a VAT-registered company (and also VIES-registered if you are in Italy), you don't pay VAT. You have to provide your VAT number to the supplier, who will validate it.

- If you live outside the EU, you should not have to pay VAT. But you may have to pay import taxes to your own government.

Where it gets really complicated is if you live outside the EU but happen to be visiting e.g. the UK, and you want to collect the goods from the supplier and then take them back home with you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2015 03:13PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login