Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with Z steper motor and Z rod brace ,need advice

Posted by Darathy 
Problem with Z steper motor and Z rod brace ,need advice
May 05, 2015 04:24PM
so today i decided to use auto bed levling to check if my bed is still flat as last time ,and noticed that both points at Bed equation points [60.0, 0.0, -0.409] [60.0, 180.0, -0.517] are off by ~ 0.5mm ,which is to me strange that those 2 are probably the hardest to change by so much , while looking at the Z arm i noticed that the brace that holds the z motor and the Z Smooth Rod in place is cracked!

This would couse the Bed to be off by that much? or atleast make the X-Arm sag down that much.

AND i have found the couse of it sad smiley

I was using These:

[www.thingiverse.com]

They were working so great , printer was so quiet only thing i could hear was the fan on the hotend. Kinda sad that i wont be able to use them anymore sad smiley. if someone got any idea of a better design let me know please smiling smiley
The one that comes under the Z motor was probably taking too much of a strain on the brace becouse it was not designed to carry the weight of the printer.
I also notice that the foot is a bit bent at the bottom of the Z profile so will have to print thatone too.

But to the Advice part:

Will i have to disassemble most of the printer to fix this part? or can i just unscrew it and replace and hope nothing shifts?
Re: Problem with Z steper motor and Z rod brace ,need advice
May 05, 2015 07:12PM
The anti-vibration unit that you had under the Z motor was in he wrong place. It should have been under the foot at the bottom of the Z extrusion.

Hope that helps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2015 07:13PM by appjaws1.

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
Re: Problem with Z steper motor and Z rod brace ,need advice
May 06, 2015 02:51PM
appjaws1
The anti-vibration unit that you had under the Z motor was in he wrong place. It should have been under the foot at the bottom of the Z extrusion.

Hope that helps

Thank you for the advice ,it wasnt ment as anything wrong with your design ,just the guy who published it on thingiverse said it was to go under the Z motor and i did as it said , was worried abaut something like this will happen ,but did it anyway. When i fix this i will put it under the Z foot. smiling smiley

Otherwise excelent work appjaws ,they make the printer really quiet grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login