Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PanelDue and Duet Shield

Posted by johnBecham 
PanelDue and Duet Shield
June 03, 2015 07:34AM
Hi, I have just purchased a panel due but have no idea as to where to connect it to my current config with the dual extruder shield that is provided with the RRP upgrade. If anyone has any experience or info on this that they'd like to share, that'd be great!

Cheers!
Re: PanelDue and Duet Shield
June 03, 2015 08:53AM
i think DC42 mentions here where to plug it in :[miscsolutions.wordpress.com] ,
June 03, 2015 09:25AM
Thanks Darathy,

But I think there may be some misunderstanding. After re-reading the article I have noticed that it has instructions for the dueX4 expansion Here and not for this shield that is supplied by RRP.

Please correct me if i'm wrong with the excerpt from that article.

Thanks again!
June 03, 2015 10:29AM
I'm guessing that you have one of the Duet Shield boards that were made without the pass-through expansion connector. The board I have has the pass-through connector, so I just plug the PanelDue on the back of it. Without the pass-through connector, I guess you will need to solder a 4x2 header pin block or 4 flying leads on the expansion connector pins on the top side of the shield.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 03, 2015 11:11AM
The Duet Shield was designed to have pass-through pins on the top. However, the current batch of Duet Shields was supplied with pass-through pins that were 12mm long, rather than 7.5mm. These are too long to fit in the Duet enclosure - they hit the metal lid! So we've been cutting them off flat (or rather, just above the solder) with the PCB. We had rather forgotten about needing to connect anything to the pins. We've now made a jig, and will cut them off so there's 6mm of pin.

If you've received a Duet Shield with the pins cut off, and want to attach a PanelDue, and don't want to solder new pins or wires to it, contact us on info@reprappro.com and we'll exchange the Duet Shield for one with pins.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
June 04, 2015 02:45PM
Thanks Ian and DC, Answers all my questions.
Will be fine with the soldering as I would still enjoy it looking clean; enclosed in the duet enclosure.

Cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login