Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Got problem about the slic3r setting

Posted by jhlee1994 
Got problem about the slic3r setting
June 19, 2015 09:53AM
Hi sir, the picture above show my 3D printer printing result. It's not good. But I'd try to printed snowman.g it's perfect. So I'd got a bad setting at slic3r. Can you help me about it. How can I do a good setting with it
Attachments:
open | download - 20150619_211241.jpg (339.8 KB)
Re: Got problem about the slic3r setting
June 19, 2015 10:12AM
Hi jhlee1994

It looks to me like your filament diameter is set to 3mm, rather than 1.75m. Can you show us the slicing settings you are using? Upload the gcode file (zip it, as there is a 600KB limit), which should contain the settings.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
June 20, 2015 01:14AM
Hi sir, here is the gcode I used and the setting on my Slic3r
Attachments:
open | download - bearing.gcode (228.9 KB)
open | download - Printer Setting.PNG (22 KB)
open | download - slic3r Filament Setting.PNG (12.3 KB)
open | download - Slic3r Printing Setting.PNG (25.2 KB)
June 20, 2015 06:34AM
Two problems with you G-Code:

1. You use absolute Extruder distances. It is recommended to use relative extrusion.
But the main problem is the 2. one:
2. Your filament diameter is indeed set to 3.0 mm. You should try to restart Slic3r and load the settings again.

If you use a good Text-Editor you can check this by yourself. At the end of the file there are the parameters listed.
Find this one and check it. You cannot change here anything this is only for information:
; filament_diameter = 3

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
June 20, 2015 08:51AM
altho in his fillament setting he has 1.75 which is strange.
June 22, 2015 07:47AM
Hi sir, about that, the gcode which is I send is using filament setting is 3; which is before change. and the setting I'd change after I see you massage. Sorry about that
June 22, 2015 08:17AM
Hi sir, about the raft and support material what is the correct setting if it? And what does the skirt for?
June 22, 2015 08:51AM
jhlee1994
Hi sir, about the raft and support material what is the correct setting if it? And what does the skirt for?

The skirt is the outer circle that is printed around the part. Its main use is just to get the plastic flowing well before starting the print. Usual settings are two or 3 loops and 1 layer high. A raft or a brim is used for objects that have a small footprint to keep them stuck to the bed. Support material is enabled for prints that have big overhangs or unsupported areas that would otherwise be printing in thin air - it automatically adds columns that act as a scaffold to support hanging bits. Rafts, brims and support must be cut off the print after completion. Most objects do not not need raft, brim or support. I suggest that once you get reasonable prints, try printing something 3 times, once without raft or brim, once with a raft and once with a brim, and you will see what they do.

Dave
Printing problem
June 23, 2015 11:32AM
Hi sir, I'd print 2 object the top view is ok but the below surface which is contact with raft and support material wasn't very good quality and have very rough first layer. How can I solve this problem?
Re: Printing problem
June 23, 2015 12:36PM
jhlee1994
Hi sir, I'd print 2 object the top view is ok but the below surface which is contact with raft and support material wasn't very good quality and have very rough first layer. How can I solve this problem?

A raft and support material will leave marks when removed, so don't use them unless you need to. Cura makes better support than Slic3r.

Dave
June 24, 2015 12:20AM
Hi sir, so in what situation raft and support material are need and in what situation they are no need?
June 24, 2015 08:26AM
jhlee1994
Hi sir, so in what situation raft and support material are need and in what situation they are no need?

Raft or brim is needed when the part has a very small footprint area or large height to base ratio, support is needed if the part has overhangs greater than about 45 degrees which are not bridges.

Dave
June 24, 2015 11:04AM
Hi sir, how to set the cura for the bed setting. I'd convert the stl to gcode and upload it to my printer but from my printer interface the printing object was printed at the corner of the bed.. How can I set it to the centre point?
June 24, 2015 11:04AM
Hi sir, how to set the cura for the bed setting. I'd convert the stl to gcode and upload it to my printer but from my printer interface the printing object was printed at the corner of the bed.. How can I set it to the center point of my heat bed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2015 11:05AM by jhlee1994.
June 25, 2015 08:06AM
jhlee1994
Hi sir, how to set the cura for the bed setting. I'd convert the stl to gcode and upload it to my printer but from my printer interface the printing object was printed at the corner of the bed.. How can I set it to the center point of my heat bed?

"Machine" > "Machine Settings" > "RepRap" Set maximum width 200, maximum depth 200, maximum height 200, GCode Flavor=RepRap (Marlin/Sprinter) check heated bed, uncheck "Machine center 0,0"

Dave
June 25, 2015 11:26AM
Why i got this word appear when I was printing :"Setting bed temperature to 56.000000 degrees Celsius.
Setting hotend temperature to 200.000000 degrees Celsius.
Error: invalid M Code: M117 Printing..." After that the printer will stop.
June 25, 2015 12:24PM
jhlee1994
Why i got this word appear when I was printing :"Setting bed temperature to 56.000000 degrees Celsius.
Setting hotend temperature to 200.000000 degrees Celsius.
Error: invalid M Code: M117 Printing..." After that the printer will stop.

Where did the G-code come from? M117 is the command to display a message which is not supported by the Ormerod, so it seems that you have put that command into the start code in Cura or Slic3r. You cannot use settings that are recommended for other printers - follow the Ormerod instructions and settings.

Dave
June 26, 2015 03:55AM
So you mean my temperature setting wasn't match with the setting on the gcode, so the M117 massages was come out isn't it? All I know is I'd set 210 degree Celsius for tool. 60 for heat bed on the cura. But I was setting 200 for tool and 56 for heatbed in the printer interface. So was it this causing the problem?
June 26, 2015 07:30AM
jhlee1994
So you mean my temperature setting wasn't match with the setting on the gcode, so the M117 massages was come out isn't it? All I know is I'd set 210 degree Celsius for tool. 60 for heat bed on the cura. But I was setting 200 for tool and 56 for heatbed in the printer interface. So was it this causing the problem?

No, that is not what I meant. You should not have any M117 command in your start or end G code. That code is used on another printer to display a message. It is not used with the Ormerod. Your problem has nothing to do with temperature setting.

Dave
June 26, 2015 11:34AM
If you mention this... I'd notice something at the cura setting's start.gcode
This is what I got :
";Sliced at: {day} {date} {time}
;Basic settings: Layer height: {layer_height} Walls: {wall_thickness} Fill: {fill_density}
;Print time: {print_time}
;Filament used: {filament_amount}m {filament_weight}g
;Filament cost: {filament_cost}
;M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own bed temperature line
;M109 S{print_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line
G21 ;metric values
G90 ;absolute positioning
M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode
M107 ;start with the fan off
G28 X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min endstops
G28 Z0 ;move Z to min endstops
G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ;move the platform down 15mm
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
G1 F200 E3 ;extrude 3mm of feed stock
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again
G1 F{travel_speed}
;Put printing message on LCD screen
M117 Printing..."
So what should I do to it
June 26, 2015 11:35AM
And the End g.code is as above:
";End GCode
M104 S0 ;extruder heater off
M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)
G91 ;relative positioning
G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressure
G1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F{travel_speed} ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even more
G28 X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min endstops, so the head is out of the way
M84 ;steppers off
G90 ;absolute positioning
;{profile_string}"
June 26, 2015 12:11PM
You mean I need to used this profile ini for my cura setting
Attachments:
open | download - ormerod-cura-profile.ini (10.1 KB)
June 26, 2015 01:05PM
I do not know where you got those settings. They are not for the Ormerod. I no longer have the Cura settings I used to use, perhaps someone can post suitable ones. Meanwhile if you do not understand what the settings mean, you should use Slic3r with the settings suggested by RRP - except increase filament retraction to 4mm (I think the recommended setting is 1mm which is too small).

Dave
June 27, 2015 11:38PM
Equally I also don't know. It's already inside after I'd install the cura software in my laptop.
June 28, 2015 05:31AM
heres the Plugin i use for cura(u have to enable the plugin before it will work):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2015 05:31AM by Darathy.
Attachments:
open | download - Cura_Ormerod_V2.2.zip (2.6 KB)
June 28, 2015 07:47AM
Was it the setting for ormerod 1 and ormerod 2 is the same?
June 28, 2015 08:24AM
i think so, i think it mainly enables Relative extruder moves and retraction per layer change. but you will have to apply it evrytime you update cura(since it can not upgrade its previus version -.-, atleast slicer keeps configs after you update...)
June 29, 2015 01:22AM
How can I apply the setting to my cura? i'd try a lot of time but still don't get it.
June 29, 2015 02:06AM
Darathy
i think so, i think it mainly enables Relative extruder moves and retraction per layer change. but you will have to apply it evrytime you update cura(since it can not upgrade its previus version -.-, atleast slicer keeps configs after you update...)

That is nearly perfect. It also adds the possibility to change the temperatures after the first layer. But I would not use it anymore as you can get other problems especially at the end or if you pause. In roughly 12 hours I could provide my settings for absolute extrusion if demanded. BTW recent versions of Cura supports retraction on layer change as well. Maybe not so good as the plug-in but it does the job.
There should be no difference between Ormerod 1+2 in this case. The changes between them does not effect the Cura slicing settings.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
June 29, 2015 02:49AM
jhlee1994
How can I apply the setting to my cura? i'd try a lot of time but still don't get it.

Copy the EAtoR.py to your (e.g. on my system) C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_15.04\plugins, start the program, go to plugins, highlight the "extrustion to relative Ormerod RepRapPro" plugin and press the ad button

open the cura start/end-Gcode menu, chose the start code, copy over the text from your slic3r settings start code

ditto end Gcode

Erik
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login