Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quick Set Nozzle Upgrade

Posted by Europa 
Quick Set Nozzle Upgrade
August 13, 2015 01:57PM
I have just been to the RepRap Pro web site to order a replacement 0.5 mm nozzle only to find this nozzle has been replaced by the quick set nozzle.

Could somebody please explain to me what the benefit of the "quick set" nozzle is as I will have to pay £25 pounds plus postage to replace what I had hoped was going to be a £5 purchase!

Is it as easy to fit as the old version. My printer is an Ormerod 2.

Many thanks,

Brian
Re: Quick Set Nozzle Upgrade
August 13, 2015 03:48PM
Hi Brian

Sorry, we've run down our stocks of the old one-piece stainless nozzle, and have no 0.5mm nozzles, and a few 0.3mm nozzles. We don't plan on ordering any more. The latter could be drilled out to 0.5mm, though a lathe would be the best way to do this to avoid broken drill bits.

The 'upgrade' to a Quick set nozzle doesn't offer much practical benefit, apart from easier build (see [reprappro.com] ) and maintenance. The main benefit is if you have multiple nozzles; firstly, it's easy to mount two in the one cooling block, and secondly it's easy to level them.

To update the old nozzle, use this kit, and reuse the Bowden tube, heatsink, fan, heater cartridge, thermistor and the rest of the wiring: [reprappro.com]

I hope that helps.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Re: Quick Set Nozzle Upgrade
August 13, 2015 06:05PM
Hi Ian, many thanks for your quick reply.

I have managed to tidy the current 0.5 mm nozzle for now by running a 0.5 drill through turning it by hand. At some point I will upgrade to the quick set nozzle.

Regards,

Brian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login