well that was strange....
August 23, 2015 08:52PM
4 hours into an 8 hour print I check on my printer to find that whilst it was still 'operational',and still moving and still following a tool path, the tool path it was following was clearly not the tool path of the partfile it was supposed to be running, I watched it for a while following the hot end trying to picture what part it was actually 'making', but couldn't make it out, and didn't want to risk letting it run for much longer.

Fortunately it appears that when the fault occurred the extrusion also stopped, and the Z height had not changed, plus the error had occurred towards the end of a layer, this enabled me to edit the original part file and restart the job, didn't have to re home any of the axes or anything, which is fortunate because the part fills the bed, and the printer continued to the end.

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
Re: well that was strange....
August 24, 2015 01:59PM
Maybe the file was not uploaded correctly the first time?

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login