Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temperature fault on heater 1

Posted by helwic 
Temperature fault on heater 1
September 05, 2015 02:49PM
Hello i am new in this forum, and trying to set up my ormerod 2 (528.3). Avery thing has worked, but when i for adjusting the heater head the Printer interface software was telling me that
"Temperature fault on heater 1, T = 995.8 C" . And now i cant get the heat up on the heater head.
Anyone know way ?
Re: Temperature fault on heater 1
September 05, 2015 02:56PM
Sounds like either the thermistor is shorted, or the heater input on the Duet has failed. What temperature reading do you get if you unplug the E0 thermistor cable from the Duet (with the power off, of course) ?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 05, 2015 03:16PM
Thank you for answering.
I got T: -28,3 and B: 63,0 when taking out E0.
September 05, 2015 03:31PM
Sounds like the Duet is OK then, but you have a short in the wiring somewhere between the Duet connector and the thermistor. You did remember to fit high temp heatshrink to the thermistor, didn't you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2015 03:31PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

September 05, 2015 04:06PM
Yes, i shrinked on the high temp on the thermistor. This just happend when i was ajusting the fan and hight for the heat head with some 3 mm washer.
I can`t understand how i can have got a short.
September 05, 2015 04:10PM
Can the termistor short ?
September 05, 2015 07:07PM
The best way would be to use a multimeter and measure where the short is located. At room temperature it should be around 100k at 25°C. Other temperatures may vary but you should stay at kOhms. If you have less than 85 kOhms at room temperature something is wrong but it sounds like that you have less than 1 kOhms.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
September 06, 2015 09:59AM
I massured at ca 20c in the E0 connection point 104kOhm. this is the hole circuit troue the thermistor. What can then be wrong ?
September 06, 2015 10:04AM
Messuring onley the thermistor it has 90 Ohm ??
September 06, 2015 10:31AM
If you get 104K at one moment and 90 ohms the next, it sounds to me that you have an intermittent short circuit either between the thermistor connections, or between one of them and ground. In particular, I suggest you check for thermistor wires touching the heater block or heatsink block without any insulation in between, and tiny strands of wire at the 6-pin hot end connector that may have escaped when the wires were crimped into the pins.

September 06, 2015 12:24PM
Now it`s not at the same massuring point. The 104K was at the E0 connection. And the 90 Ohms was just the thermistor alone in the hotend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2015 12:32PM by helwic.
September 06, 2015 12:30PM
But know i realy don`t understand, when i tak the thermistor out of the hotend i only meassure 75 Ohm ?
September 07, 2015 08:58AM
helwic
But know i realy don`t understand, when i tak the thermistor out of the hotend i only meassure 75 Ohm ?

Is that with the thermistor connected to the 6-way connector? If not, then you have a faulty thermistor. If so, disconnect one wire of the thermistor and measure across the thermistor to determine whether the short is in the wiring or whether the thermistor is faulty.

Dave
September 07, 2015 09:03AM
Hi Helwic

For temperature sensing problems, have a look at this troubleshooting guide: [reprappro.com]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
September 09, 2015 05:24AM
Hi droftarts

Now i have tryed to followd the troubleshooting guide that you kindly sendt me.
I have now massured the E0 point and get 100 Ohm at 24,5 degres the same when i was massuring in the conection point whit the fan.
I have tryed to reset the duet.
In Arduino i sendt the command M105 and get the following T:61,5 B:65,7 on startup.

Still its just the bed thats heating in pronterface.

Any suggestions ?
September 09, 2015 05:58AM
helwic
I have now massured the E0 point and get 100 Ohm at 24,5 degres the same when i was massuring in the conection point whit the fan.

Did you mean 100K, or did you really mean 100 ohm?

helwic
In Arduino i sendt the command M105 and get the following T:61,5 B:65,7 on startup.

Readings of 60C at room temperature usually mean that your Duet has 4.7K series resistors, but either your config.g file has not been processed or it is set for 1K resistors. Change R1000 in the M305 commands to R4700.

September 09, 2015 06:59AM
Hi dc42

I`m not very good at ohm massurment but as you see on the picture , i set the multimeter as you se. So than it sould bee 100k ?

This stands in the config.g file.

M305 P0 R4700 ; Set the heated bed thermistor series resistor to 4K7
;M305 P1 R4700 ; Set the hot end thermistor series resistor to 4K7
M569 P0 S0

So this sould bee done ?

But still the head don`t heat ???
Attachments:
open | download - Multimeter.jpg (352.8 KB)
September 09, 2015 08:15AM
helwic
Hi dc42
I`m not very good at ohm massurment but as you see on the picture , i set the multimeter as you se. So than it sould bee 100k ?

It's set to the 0-200k range, so all readings will be in kilo-ohms rather than ohms. If the meter read 100 it therefore means 100k. 100 ohms would have given a reading of 0.1

Dave
September 09, 2015 01:54PM
Ok thank you dmould.

But enyone who understand way i have the problem whit the heaterhead ?
September 09, 2015 04:07PM
Ok this is very strange, as sudden as the problem started. It diseperd, i just should try a last time for the evening. And it worked again. ???

So thangs for all help and answers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login