Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet Web Control Styling

Posted by fotomas 
Duet Web Control Styling
October 07, 2015 02:16PM
I have spent some time restyling the Duet Web control by 'zombiepantslol' . May aim was to make it a bit more lite flying a spaceship than using a pale business application.

It is quite simple the additional files; 1 css and 2 font files. Then a link to the css has to be added in the file default.htm.
No functionality or layout is changed, just fonts, color and design of elements.

This is what it looks like:

Re: Duet Web Control Styling
October 08, 2015 04:51PM
Looks nice! smiling smiley
October 10, 2015 04:15AM
How come the Web control doesn't show the printer name set in config.g ?
October 10, 2015 05:12AM
But where are the files?
Very nice look except for the font.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
October 13, 2015 08:41AM
Looks very nice, would like a DL link!
October 13, 2015 09:03AM
There are a few places not yet restyled and some are harder than other since I do not want to modify the html and Javascript. That's why I have not yet published the files. I have changed one font to make more readable.

I can post what I have so far, as "work in progress".

How to use:
Put font files in font directory.
Put CSS in CSS directory.
Add reference to CSS file in default.html.

Note: The fonts may not work in IE. I will fix that later on.

Please comment on what you like and what to improve.
Attachments:
open | download - ldwc.css (12 KB)
open | download - Roboto-Light.ttf (158.8 KB)
open | download - Okuda.otf (21.2 KB)
October 27, 2015 08:52AM
Made another restyling of the web interface. This one covers even more (if not all) of the GUI.

Grey/Black, sharp corners and flat graphics, no gradients.

css, font and htm files attached.

The reprap.htm file needs one line extra line of code. Either you use the file attached or add the folowing line below the similar lines in the CSS section.

I hope you like it.

Attachments:
open | download - slate.zip (24.2 KB)
October 27, 2015 10:11AM
fotomas
The reprap.htm file needs one line extra line of code. Either you use the file attached or add the folowing line below the similar lines in the CSS section.

Which line? I cannot see it only here at quoting.

But what to say: Much better, except for the font spinning smiley sticking its tongue out the font is okay not like the first one which was not suitable for the design and the task in my eyes. I would definitely prefer the second design to the original one as I like these kind of dark themes. If I am not using W10 I use Linux Mint with a dark theme and the coloring is very close to your design.
Edit: This is a wrong message. I normally use Linux and W10 only if I have to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2015 10:17AM by Treito.

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
October 27, 2015 10:28AM
Glad to heqr you like it. You can easily fall back to Arial by renaming the font file or deleting it.

The code got lost since it is HTML, here it is with the starting and trailing angles omitted. < >

CSS link
link href="css/slate.css" rel="stylesheet"
October 27, 2015 11:35AM
You could hype up the "spaceship control" theme a tad. The output from the Z probe could be named "Sensor readings", the bed temperature becomes "Transporter status" Etc
smileys with beer

Dave
October 27, 2015 04:08PM
It fits perfectly to my Firefox, you nearly do not see any difference between the page and the Firefox styling itself. But the green is mostly to intense, it should be darker, for example the connection button and the dialog and printer buttons.

October 27, 2015 04:13PM
Nice to hear, I will have a look at the green colors.
October 27, 2015 04:43PM
Maybe this shows the problem:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2015 04:46PM by Treito.

October 27, 2015 05:28PM
Treito
Maybe this shows the problem:

The color scheme blends very nicely into your Firefox theme. It looks like I have taken the colors from it, which is not the case.
Attach you will find an updated version.

- Less intense green (that plays nicely with the red)
- Grey header above file list
- White text in header above file list

Attachments:
open | download - slate.zip (24.2 KB)
October 27, 2015 06:12PM
fotomas
The color scheme blends very nicely into your Firefox theme. It looks like I have taken the colors from it, which is not the case.
Attach you will find an updated version.

That is what I said. BTW it is no theme of Firefox, this is my desktop theme so that is why I really liked your design. Many thanks for this update. I can read the text now and I do not need sunglasses. smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2015 06:12PM by Treito.

October 27, 2015 06:18PM
Just for comparison. That is nearly perfect. How did you know my desktop theme? tongue sticking out smiley

Update
November 18, 2015 02:32PM
A small fix, the font for the values in the "File Information" panel.

Added version number to zip archive.
Attachments:
open | download - slate_1_1.zip (24.2 KB)
November 18, 2015 03:45PM
Thanks for sharing! Would you mind if I integrate this as an optional feature into my next version of DWC?
November 18, 2015 04:17PM
thumbs up I support this as I love this theme. The perfect symbiosis with my Cinnamon theme. smiling bouncing smiley

November 18, 2015 04:38PM
I have no problem with that. I will contact you with a PM to discuss some details and ideas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login