Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No web interface until T0

Posted by FalseIdle 
No web interface until T0
October 19, 2015 05:59PM
Hi Guys,

I have had my Ormeord in storgae for a while now since my i3 got up and running and thought it about time I get back to it. I have updated to 1.09 and used a fresh SD card with the latest SYS, www, etc folders.

All is fine accept when I power up I cannot access over the network, if I connect in ponterface I get the printer running text but nothing more, when I finally send T0 I then get starting network and the IP it received spat out and the web page then works. I read about not having a default tool now and T0 being needed but can't find anywhere it says the web interface would not come up until the tool is selected. Any ideas would be great. Do not have the same issue if I use dc's 1.09k and his SD images but can't get it setup to use my switches or the X to go the same way I tell it.

Edit: forgot to say its an Ormerod 1 and I tried adding T0 to the end of config and it made no difference.

Thanks,
Dan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2015 06:05PM by FalseIdle.
Re: No web interface until T0
October 20, 2015 02:30AM
To get the X motor to go the right way when using my firmware fork, either reverse the X motor connector on the Duet (with the power off and USB disconnected) so that the colours are the same way round as the other motors, or add M569 P0 S1 in config.g (I think S1 is correct, if that doesn't work try S0). If you are using additional homing switches, you will need to amend the M574 command in config.g to tell the firmware about them.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 20, 2015 07:08AM
The T0 command should not affect the web interface. Are you sure you have the latest web files in your www folder on the SD card? Maybe look at the web version reported in the browser.

Dave
October 20, 2015 07:58AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the response.

Dave I took used a clean SD card and took SD-Images from release it has v1.06 for the html but I think the issue is not with that but earlier in the process. I should have taken a screen shot basically I can wait 5 minutes log in through Pronterface but it is not until I send T0 do I get

star

ting network.

Broken up like that in the console then the web page is there. No other command has made that happen yet.

dc42 thanks for that. Using the command you provided I have your firmware running and can home my X and Y with the switchs but still not the Z. I have disconnected the probe input which now reads 1000 and added a M558 P4 to the homez.g. It moves to center and stops, If I change the G31 in config to 1001 it moves down but hitting the switch does nothing. Would you mind having a quick look at my configs see what I am doing wrong. Switch is connected up fine as it works OK with 1.09 vanilla (After a T0). Anyway I can check its value with a gcode?

Please forgive the hacked state they are in now.

Thanks again for the quick help,
Dan.
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (3.2 KB)
open | download - homez.g (345 bytes)
October 20, 2015 12:50PM
To home Z using a switch and my firmware fork, you have two choices:

1. Configure it as a low-end homing switch, connected to the Z endstop input. Use Z1 in the M574 command. Specify no Z probe using M558 P0 X0 Y0 Z0. Write homez.g the same way as homex.x, so use a G1 S1 command to do the homing (followed by a G92 command to account for the switch Z offset), not a G30 command.

2. Configure it as a Z probe. Connect it to the E0 endstop input instead of the Z endstop input. Use Z0 in the M574 command, and M558 P4 X0 Y0 Z1. Use G30 in homez.g and homeall.g to do the Z homing.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 20, 2015 02:42PM
I remember there is a bug in the official 1.09 firmware release which causes the firmware to hang until a second T0 is sent (via Pronterface). Although running "T0" in the config.g file is still not recommended, this bug has been fixed in my firmware fork, and dc42's firmware wasn't affected anyway AFAIR. If you want to stick with RRP's official 1.09 firmware, the only solution is to remove that "T0" code from your config file for now.
October 26, 2015 11:47AM
Thanks guys,

Only just got round to looking into this again.

Thanks zombiepantslol, it's nice to know I was not just going crazy needing to send the T0 in ponterface to get it booted smiling smiley

dc42 again thank you I now have a printer up and running with your fork, I went with option 1 in the end. When you lay it all out it all makes sense when I follow through what those gcodes do but could not work that out myslef.

It's good to know there is still a strong forum presence with excellent help for the Ormerod.

Cheers,
Dan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login