Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't adjust speed or extrusion factors while printing

Posted by prefim 
Can't adjust speed or extrusion factors while printing
November 02, 2015 05:23PM
Hi All,

Just obtained an ormerod2 from my dad. Its 1.09a-dc42 firmware with web interface 1.06 by Christian Hammacher.

For some reason the print speed slider and extrusion factor in the print status are locked and do not move yet I've seen the move when it was on my dads system. Any initial thoughts? I've power cycled, restarted the web interface and loaded defaults.nothing seemed to help.

Cheers,

Mat
Re: Can't adjust speed or extrusion factors while printing
November 02, 2015 09:14PM
Which browser are you using? Chrome and Firefox work with DuetWebControl, IE and Edge do not.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 03, 2015 01:56AM
It's Chrome.
November 03, 2015 01:57AM
I'm using Slic3r to produce the Gcode, not sure if there are options or commands that can lock out the sliders (new to 3D printing).
November 03, 2015 02:57AM
prefim
It's Chrome.
Which version? Extensions installed? Did you try to clean the cache? Which OS?

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
November 03, 2015 03:56AM
Win 8, latest version of chrome (it auto updates). I recently cleaned cache, yes.

A couple of extension installed for ad blocking but they are disabled for the webpage interface.
November 03, 2015 03:59AM
prefim
A couple of extension installed for ad blocking but they are disabled for the webpage interface.

If you have something like NoScript or an advanced popup-blocker? That may affect the controls negatively. Please try to deactivate your Extensions completely for testing purposes. The Ormerod is really not annying with ads. winking smiley

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
November 03, 2015 06:22AM
Maybe it's just a bug in the firmware? 1.09a-dc42 isn't the newest firmware, so I suggest you upgrade to 1.09k-dc42 instead. Alternatively, you could try out my firmware fork here.
November 03, 2015 03:32PM
I'm loathed to upgrade as I understand I'm losing other features like filament usage stats etc.

I disabled all extensions, started an incognito browser which forgoes all cached settings and either slider still doesn't budge. I did, out if idle curiosity, start internet explorer. low and behold the slider moves up and down but jumps back to the centre as I don't have a print going so I guess its resetting. so regardless of firmware or settings, the web interface is behaving very differently between IE and Chrome.
November 03, 2015 03:50PM
I've also tested this in a fresh install of opera browser and the sliders do not move either while printing or in standby.
November 03, 2015 04:05PM
My sliders never worked either, I had never wanted to use it yet, but would like the option in the future. I have the latest version dc42 firmware with chrome browser, adware and extensions disabled. Printer is CoreXY.
November 03, 2015 04:18PM
OK, in a sort of backwards, twisted way, I'm glad its not just me.
November 03, 2015 05:33PM
Maybe your Java version is too old. I am not sure if this is needed, but which Java version do you use? Can anyone of you both please try a clean installation of Firefox instead?

November 04, 2015 01:42AM
Appears to work absolutely fine in firefox.
November 04, 2015 02:47AM
So as it works fine for me with Linux Mint, Windows 10 and Android using Chrome it has to be related to a setting of your system. What Java version do you run? Even though only Javascript is needed, I think. I tried to block Javascript but then nothing works anymore.
Did you try to use a fresh profile?
You cannot move the sliders or do they have no effect after moving them?

November 04, 2015 02:48AM
Strange, I use Chrome and the sliders work just fine. Are you using the latest version of DuetWebControl from [github.com] ?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 04, 2015 06:59AM
I am away from my printer for a few days. will check Java and other stuff in the list when I get back.
November 04, 2015 08:32AM
Why are you talking about Java anyway? JavaScript is a part of your internet browser and it's absolutely not related to Oracle Java, so installing Java to get JavaScript working is complete nonsense.

If you want to troubleshoot this problem any further, I suggest you enable "Log any successful G-Code" on the Settings tab first and then check if the web interface sends out the right M220/M221 codes to the firmware by looking into the G-Code Console. If you see those codes in there, it must be related to the firmware.
November 04, 2015 06:00PM
zombiepantslol
Why are you talking about Java anyway? JavaScript is a part of your internet browser and it's absolutely not related to Oracle Java, so installing Java to get JavaScript working is complete nonsense.

As I said I was not sure and I also said that I do not think that this is related but I did not want to exclude this because using W10 I got some error messages on other pages that I need to Update my Oracle Java. But as it works with Firefox I think it is profile related or extension related as for me it works with Linux Mint, W10 and Android. But at least I do not know exactly what is needed for the Webinterface and even dc42 had no idea so I am looking in all possible directions as I do not know what other libraries may be needed. Flash? Shockwave? I do not think so either but without knowing the complete code how should I know and how should I know what Chrome demands.
Do you have a good idea why this is not working for only some people? It is definitely not OS related. Do the sliders need any special port besides the normal HTTP-ports? How they are getting activated? How does the communication work?

Besides that: Do you running a Firewall or maybe your antivirus software may also block some content.

November 05, 2015 08:31AM
I don't think an Adblocker would have any effect on the web interface, although blocking JavaScript definitely would. If you're using RepRapPro's web interface, you need Flash to get the IRC integration working. If you're using my unbranded version, you don't need anything except for an HTML5-compatible web browser (so stay away from IE if possible smiling smiley). The sliders are based on a JQuery plugin, but I've never had problems with them. As I said, I need to know if it's the web interface to blame or if it's the firmware, but this can be checked easily by turning on the "Log any succesful G-Code" option on the Settings tab.
November 05, 2015 08:42AM
As Firefox works how could this be Firmware related? I am curious and I am willing to learn. Maybe this helps me in other situations, too.

November 06, 2015 01:41AM
For me, I've just switched to firefox for the web interface. I'll need speed and nozzle rarely so its no biggie to jsut open it in another browser.
November 06, 2015 02:37AM
I am using also Firefox for the web-interface. Sometime my Chrome lost the connection to the Duet and needed another browser to connect to the Duet first! It helped emptying the cache but I do not want this to do with my main browser so I switched for the Ormerod to Firefox.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login