Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod 2 Profile for Simplify3D

Posted by Europa 
Ormerod 2 Profile for Simplify3D
November 03, 2015 03:38PM
I have just purchased Simplify3D to use with my Ormerod 2.

Would anyone happen to have a profile for this printer that would work with Simplify3D or even just a list of the important settings needed?

Many thanks,

Brian
Re: Ormerod 2 Profile for Simplify3D
November 03, 2015 04:03PM
Ormerod1..fff here are my settings

As for the firmware config i just put it to RepRap

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2015 04:03PM by Darathy.
November 03, 2015 05:52PM
Hi Darathy,

Thanks for your prompt reply and the profile fff file.

Much appreciated.

Brian
November 03, 2015 11:53PM
Hi,

Here are some more Profiles. I am using an E3D v6 Head and a 0.4 Nozzle. Added my Firmware file and Profile for ABS and PLA.
Attachments:
open | download - Ormero2.frm (1 KB)
open | download - Ormerod 2 EDV6 ABS.fff (22.7 KB)
open | download - Ormerod2 EDV6 PLA.fff (22.6 KB)
November 04, 2015 02:53AM
markdoll01
Hi,

Here are some more Profiles. I am using an E3D v6 Head and a 0.4 Nozzle. Added my Firmware file and Profile for ABS and PLA.

Thanks. I will take a look at them for comparison especially speed settings.

@Brian Be aware that these files are for a 0.4mm nozzle. If you want to use them you have to adjust the nozzle size to 0.5mm.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
November 04, 2015 03:00AM
Thanks guys,

Profiles much appreciated.

Treito I take your point about nozzle size, I will change it to 0.5

Brian
November 17, 2015 05:24AM
Forgive the thread hijack but the timing is quite useful!

Recently I stumbled into massive problems with Slic3r and off the back of many recommendations, I plumped for Simplify3D to marry up with my Ormerod 2.

I've tried the profiles linked above but none of them work, the behaviour of the device is rather strange.
- The extruder motor is never driven
- The X/Y operations are very quick and, from what I can see, it seems to be doing the very outer perimeters but nothing else - and very quickly too (too quick I'd say). So even if the extruder was working, there's no way this is printing out the design correctly, it's stepping up through the layers far too quickly.

Printer is a standard Ormerod 2, running the 078c firmware dated 18/09/2014. config.g attached, should it matter.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (2 KB)
November 17, 2015 07:09AM
Hi brumster,

You should really upgrade your firmware, 0.78 is quite old nowadays. You can either use RRP's official 1.09 firmware or (what I'd recommend because of dc42's excellent new movement code and other improvements) my latest firmware here. Just be aware that you need to adjust a few things once you've flashed it:

1) Add the M574 codes and replace the lines containing M201, M203 and M566 from here: [github.com]
2) Remove all files from /www on your microSD card and download a copy of my latest web interface from here: [github.com] (note you can use "Download ZIP" on the right side). Extract all files to this directory.

You can find instructions on how to flash the firmware here: [reprappro.com]
November 17, 2015 07:14AM
Cool, ok, I'll give it a go. I was loathe to change the firmware as it's just been reliable and you get into a comfort zone - also it seems to be my perception that reprap have dropped development on the firmware and it's now taken up by various members of the community, but I don't see much by way of clearly marked "stable" releases.... and I hate being on the cutting edge ;-)

What have you done to the dc42 firmware in your branch?

Anyway, I'll get started with bossac and let you know how I get on ;-)
November 17, 2015 07:51AM
Holy crap, the web interface has moved on a bit (thank goodness)!!! Uploads finally at a sensible speed, yay!

Ok, I'm up and running, and we seem to be looking good now. Tried a quick test print generated out of Simplify3D without filament and it all looked to be doing the right thing now. I'll load it up now and start the "proper job" and confirm back with you in a short while.

Fingers crossed it's sorted...

EDIT: Update

Ok, it seems to be a lot better than it was. It's printing now with Simplify3D-generated code. There are some curious/worrying pauses during the print, mind you, at some odd points in time - seems to be no reason for it, it just stops half-way through a layer - has a think for a few seconds - then carries on.... but the resulting 'seepage' is making the print slightly messy. Maybe I need to fiddle with Simplify3D a little. I'll try an old Slic3r-generated file just to make sure it's not the firmware... I assume it's the G-code telling it to pause rather than the firmware just stopping and... dunno... contemplating it's existence smiling smiley ?

Thanks for your help ;-) much appreciated... I may be back with further questions smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2015 08:19AM by brumster.
February 25, 2016 10:19PM
Hello,

I am using a CTC dual extrusion 3D Printer. I just got simplify3d but I am having an issue with the dual extrusion profiles. Does someone have the file for flashforge dual or a makerbot 2? My printer is basically a flashforge printer clone. Currently I do not see any options where I can set it up. I am missing flashforge from the selections.

I have contacted their support about this but 5 days have gone by and I have heard nothing back.

Thank you.
March 01, 2018 12:00AM
this is the one for makerbot replicator 2x

Ormerod 2 Duet 0.6 and 7"Paneldue 2
Makerbot 2x
Peopoly Moai SLA
Lasercutters and CNCs
IG: MRPOTTERSMITH
Attachments:
open | download - MakerBot Replicator 2X.fff (29.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login