Re: New firmware 1.09n and DWC v1.07
December 06, 2015 08:50AM
Hi

two things:

A )
The last two previous FW versions is used were:
RepRapFirmware-1.09i-dc42.bin
RepRapFirmware-109f-zpl.bin

To compensate Z placement during print, especially on first layer, it was possible to move Z height via the Web frontend buttons during printing (without pause the print). Depending on cache, the action came sooner or later. But it was correct. Now with the o FW, I did the same. Sometimes it is OK, but other times the nozzle movement is incorrect. It's moving to wrong X/Y coordinate. Had this two times moving diagnonal in X and Y simultanousely. I turned printer off.
Maybe there is another cache order of g.code file and web frontend commands not "syncronozed" when received in between?
Such sort of control is very important for me.

B )
With all DWC Versions I ever had since I have the Ormerod, with firefox while running the web frontend in the background, all other tabs are running slower. They have a small "no reaction" in intervals, depending on the dwc update data interval. DOes this also happen to me? I never found a topic about this. Do you experience the same?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2015 09:20AM by gazoox.
December 06, 2015 06:29PM
I found some small issue regarding the new theme. When I reopen Firefox it loads the DWC from cache. However in this case it is white until it connects to the Duet to get dark. The language stays German including the new translations.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
December 13, 2015 07:09AM
Thorn666: Yes, you can upgrade your Fisher to my latest firmware and web interface. It has been tested and is known to work quite well.

gazoox: The problem you're experiencing is because my fork of the firmware processes G-codes in parallel. This means you must pause the print before changing the position, else wrong XY coordinates may be used for your Z move. I may improve the corresponding parts in my fork in a future version, but actually I always make sure my Z height is correct before I start a print, so I don't need to perform this kind of compensation at all. But thank you for reporting this issue!

Treito: That's no big deal, the web interface loads the required CSS theme file only on demand. If you find this too disturbing, you could hard-code the CSS link in your reprap.htm file. Just add this line

<link onload="applyThemeColors();" rel="stylesheet" href="css/slate.css" type="text/css"></link>

to the <head> section. If the right graph colours aren't applied after loading the interface, you will also have to add "applyThemeColors();" to the "$(document).ready" function in js/interface.js.
December 14, 2015 05:36PM
EDIT = sorry .... i left my ormerod alone for a long time and i've forgotten basics ...

i homed XYZ then tryed to configure Z height ... it works much better when homing X and Y only smiling smiley

Hi,

i've just upgraded to this firmware and i cannot calibrate the Z probe, i can't gest below 0 for the Z axis ..

i used G92 Z0 than i clicked on -0.1 for Z axis to find the right probe point but it don't work, the x-rib don't move and the web interface stay on Z=0, can someone confirm that please ?

Regards
Florent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2015 05:42PM by dapsaille.
December 15, 2015 02:22AM
AFAIK as designed. The firmware does not allow the printer to go below Z 0. I can understand the reasoning behind this. But on the ormerod, where the printhead is "hanging" on the X-rib, a negative Z could be allowed without any severe issues.

My height adjustment goes like this.

Home Z
G92 Z1
Height adjustment (Paper test)
G92 Z0
December 15, 2015 03:34AM
You can use the M208 parameter to allow the printer to go below Z0.

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
December 15, 2015 04:00AM
Treito
You can use the M208 parameter to allow the printer to go below Z0.

Or use M564 S0 to allow movement outside the normal limits.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 15, 2015 07:40AM
Before homing Z by hand, I use G92 to set Z at a big height (100mm) even though it is close to the bed. That way it will never go below zero while I am adjusting it.

Dave
December 15, 2015 08:50PM
I have one question: Does your firmware also support CoreXY printers?
[www.corexy.com]
I decided that my new printer will be probably using such design.

December 15, 2015 11:28PM
Treito
I have one question: Does your firmware also support CoreXY printers?
[www.corexy.com]
I decided that my new printer will be probably using such design.

Yes, see [reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 16, 2015 12:23AM
Many thanks for this link. I had the impression especially from you that you may not know very much from CoreXY printers or to be more precise not enough for controlling such a printer.

December 19, 2015 04:03PM
I have a problem with this firmware. Sometimes when I abort a print the file on the SD card gets damaged. The aborting was done because the first layer was not sticking.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login