Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet failure?

Posted by Darathy 
Re: Duet failure?
January 09, 2016 09:36AM

As you can see from the picture it connects to the webinterface ,but when i press connect it gives the above message

The upper part is from simplify3D Machine Control Panel and you can see the firmware responding.

The duet is disconected from the rest of the printer in the picture powered by the usb cable alone and with ethernet cable attached.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 09:41AM by Darathy.
January 09, 2016 09:39AM
altho i suspect the duet has been broken for a while before i was having this issue ,i had to power cycle the printer several times to even get to the webinterface. it just wouldn't connect.
January 09, 2016 03:26PM
It's astonishing, but did nobody ask for your config.g yet including me? Especially as I normally ask for it very early.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
January 09, 2016 04:35PM
You can infer a lot from that. It's reading reprap.htm from the SD card, but the JavaScript running on the page can't communicate with the firmware. Open the Chrome dev console, do you see any error messages?
January 09, 2016 05:32PM
; Ormerod 2 config file for dc42 Duet firmware
M111 S0                             ; Debug off
M550 PMy Ormerod			        ; Machine name (can be anything you like)
M551 Preprap                        ; Machine password (currently not used)
M540 P0xBE:0xEF:0xDE:0xAD:0xFE:0xED ; MAC Address
;*** Adjust the IP address and gateway in the following 2 lines to suit your network
M552 P192.168.178.114                  ; IP address
M554 P192.168.178.1                   ; Gateway
M553 P255.255.255.0                 ; Netmask
M555 P2                             ; Set output to look like Marlin
G21                                 ; Work in millimetres
G90                                 ; Send absolute coordinates...
M83                                 ; ...but relative extruder moves
M574 X0 Y1 Z0 S1					; set endstop configuration (Y endstop only, at low end, active high)
M906 X1000 Y1000 Z800 E900           ; Set motor currents (mA)
M563 P0 D0 H1                       ; Define tool 0
G10 P0 S0 R0                        ; Set tool 0 operating and standby temperatures
M92 E420                        	; Set extruder steps per mm (single nozzle)
;*** If you have a dual-nozzle build, remove or comment out the previous line, and un-comment the following 3 lines
;M563 P1 D1 H2                      ; Define tool 1
;G10 P1 S0 R0                       ; Set tool 1 operating and standby temperatures
;M92 E420:420						; Set extruder steps/mm (dual nozzle)
;*** If you have a modulated IR probe with on-board microcontroller, change P2 to P1 in the following
M558 P1                             ; Use a simple modulated Z probe (change to P1 for an intelligent Z probe)
G31 Z2.7 P500                      ; Set the probe height and threshold (put your own values here)
;*** If you have a Duet board with 4.7K thermistor series resistors, change R1000 to R4700 to the following M305 commands
M305 P0 R4700 H0 L0					; Put your own H and/or L values here to set the bed thermistor ADC correction
M305 P1 R4700 H0 L0  					; Put your own H and/or L values here to set the first nozzle thermistor ADC correction
M305 P2 R4700 H0 L0					; Put your own H and/or L values here to set the second nozzle thermistor ADC correction
;*** Adjust the XY coordinates in the following M557 commands to suit your build and the position of the IR sensor
M557 P0 X50 Y25                      ; Four... 
M557 P1 X50 Y195                    ; ...probe points...
M557 P2 X200 Y195                   ; ...for bed...
M557 P3 X200 Y25                     ; ...levelling
M557 P4 X120 Y104                 ; 5th probe point for levelling (un-comment this if you are using a dc42 differential IR probe)
;*** if you are using axis compensation, put the figures in the following command
M556 S74 X0.0 Y0.3 Z0.5                   ; Axis compensation here
M201 X800 Y800 Z15 E1000            ; Accelerations (mm/s^2)
M203 X15000 Y15000 Z100 E3600       ; Maximum speeds (mm/min)
M566 X1800 Y1800 Z30 E20              ; Minimum speeds mm/minute
M208 X200 Y210						; set axis maxima (adjust to suit your machine)
M208 X-1 Y0 S1						; set axis minimum (adjust to make X=0 the edge of the bed)
M92 X87.49 Y87.49
M301 H1 P20 I0.5 D100

Heres my config file, How do i open the console?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 05:33PM by Darathy.
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (3.2 KB)
January 09, 2016 05:35PM
Darathy
How do i open the console?

Press control-shift-J.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 09, 2016 05:51PM
So at the first look there is nothing special about your config.g. But you may run some tests:

Use Simplify3D to send a "T0" to the Duet-board. I once had some constellation due to a firmware issue where I had to type in T0 into a console before the network connection was established.
Otherwise I only can guess.
Please uncomment your last two lines for testing purposes.
M92 X87.49 Y87.49
M301 H1 P20 I0.5 D100
to
;M92 X87.49 Y87.49
;M301 H1 P20 I0.5 D100

Reasons: Maybe the firmware has a problem with two M92 commands inside the command.g and maybe the M301-command is placed at a wrong position. This is how I use my M92 command:
M92 X78.740 Y78.740 E420           	; Set extruder steps per mm (single nozzle) and x/y steps per mm

But like I said these are only guesses but I think you have nothing to loose.

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
January 09, 2016 06:46PM
I have tried a fresh Config file from dc42 and input the ip adress in it and tried with no luck.
January 09, 2016 06:51PM
in the developer console i get the following log:
GET [192.168.178.114] 
GET [192.168.178.114] 
GET [192.168.178.114] 500 (too few command words)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 06:52PM by Darathy.
January 09, 2016 06:57PM
OK hit me somewhere ,its Chrome thats the problem.... i just tried with firefox and edge both connect to the firmware first try...

Edit: hmm mybe premature but now chrome connects aswell...

Edit 2: Did a reset(it took several to be able to load the webinterface) and tried with chrome first it said the message and then i put the adress in Firefox withought the reset and it connected and then chrome connected aswell....

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 07:03PM by Darathy.
January 09, 2016 11:32PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I am very sorry! Especially me had should have known this earlier as I reported the problem earlier to ZPL. That is the reason why I am using Firefox with Linux:
Sometimes you need to clear your cache from the browser. Otherwise you get strange problems with your browser. But as you told that you cannot even ping your Duet I did not think about this problem.
You can also use Chrome, but you have to clear the cache regularly and so I use FF instead to prevent my other settings not to be get lost.

January 10, 2016 05:06AM
I will use firefox aswell for printing then. I still ordered a new duet becouse it annoys me that i have to powercycle(or reset) it several times to be able to connect to the webinterface at all.
January 10, 2016 05:09AM
Darathy
...it annoys me that i have to powercycle(or reset) it several times to be able to connect to the webinterface at all.

Which firmware? I had this problem a several time. Either I did a firmware update or it was the Duet that was broken later. I am afraid it was the second option.

January 10, 2016 07:06AM
i think it was since 0.78c or the one i upgraded after(i dont remember it was over a year ago) but i dont think its a problem with firmware i might have touched something when i was erasing or reseting and coused a short or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 07:07AM by Darathy.
January 11, 2016 07:30AM
Intermittent hardware problems are usually due to bad solder connections. Check that all the pins on the Ethernet connector are properly soldered - there were manufacturing issues at one time where some of the through-hole components (and also the USB connector) did not get all their pins soldered.

Dave
January 11, 2016 07:39AM
Dave,

the problems about the cache were already confirmed by ZPL/ chrishamm.

January 11, 2016 08:27AM
Treito
Dave,

the problems about the cache were already confirmed by ZPL/ chrishamm.

Wasn't it the length of cookies rather than the cache? Or was that a separate issue?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 11, 2016 08:49AM
I do not know. The only thing I know is that I have to clear my browser cache including cookies so I lost all my settings (cookies) at all another pages. That is why I am using FF for the Duet only.
Probably it is the cookie.
So A button to clear or delete the cookie would be a nice addition for the web-interface.

January 11, 2016 09:34AM
Treito
...So A button to clear or delete the cookie would be a nice addition for the web-interface.

or install CCleaner and let it clean at startup

[www.piriform.com]

Erik
January 11, 2016 12:23PM
dmould
Intermittent hardware problems are usually due to bad solder connections. Check that all the pins on the Ethernet connector are properly soldered - there were manufacturing issues at one time where some of the through-hole components (and also the USB connector) did not get all their pins soldered.

Dave

I have posted a picture of the pins in post above ,to me they look soldered well(underneath the duet atlaeast) is there above section to worry abaut too?

I have visualy checked the board and nothing seems amis to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2016 12:24PM by Darathy.
January 11, 2016 12:29PM
Darathy
dmould

Dave

I have posted a picture of the pins in post above ,to me they look soldered well(underneath the duet atlaeast) is there above section to worry abaut too?

I have visualy checked the board and nothing seems amis to me.

In your case it is probably (95%) the browser cookie.

@Erik. First of all I use Windows not very often and I will never use a system with some sort of fruit with a bite. So I am on Linux. Second I asked for an easy method to remove only the cookie of the Duet. That is my problem why I use FF instead.

January 11, 2016 12:43PM
I have switched to Firefox for evrything atm(tried to clear cache on chrome but didnt fix the problem with the firmware connection) ,but at some sites it becomes glitchy and printer works well, but i have to power cycle the printer to even come to webinterface or to be able to even ping it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2016 12:44PM by Darathy.
January 12, 2016 01:04AM
Did you test Pronterface? Get you a connection with it? If so try a command "T0". Once there was a problem with a similar problem, maybe you found a new one.
Have you tried another computer or smartphone loading the web-interface?
According to these two responses it depends how we could investigate any further. If Pronterface works you could try to add a "T0" to your config.g at the bottom or to get an error description.

January 12, 2016 04:02AM
Unfortunately there appears to be a bug in the latest version of Firefox because it refuses to upload large files on my system. A Wireshark trace showed the Duet doing nothing untoward that I could see. I found out how to clear cookies in Chrome for just the Duet session, but I can't remember the details.

January 12, 2016 04:07AM
Maybe with an extension?
I mostly upload my files using FileZilla. The connection seems to be more stable.

January 12, 2016 04:23AM
dc42
Unfortunately there appears to be a bug in the latest version of Firefox because it refuses to upload large files on my system. A Wireshark trace showed the Duet doing nothing untoward that I could see. I found out how to clear cookies in Chrome for just the Duet session, but I can't remember the details.

From the Google Chrome pages
Adjust cookie and site data permissions
Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
Select Settings.
Click Show advanced settings.
In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
In the "Cookies" section, you can change the following cookies settings:
Delete cookies

Block cookies by default
Allow cookies by default
Keep cookies and site data by default until you quit your browser

Make exceptions for cookies from specific websites or domains
To control how cookies should be handled for a few specific sites or domains, click Manage exceptions. To add a rule in the Cookie and Site Data Exceptions dialog that appears, follow these steps:

Click the "Add a new exception pattern" field and enter the domain name for which you want to create an exception.
To create exceptions for an entire domain, insert [*.] before the domain name (e.g. [*.]google.com. This will match drive.google.com and calendar.google.com).
You can also specify an IP address, an IPv6 address, or a non-http URL.
Use the menu to choose whether the site can set cookies. If you select Clear on exit, its cookies are deleted every time you close your browser.
You can also edit or remove exceptions using this dialog.

HTH someone at least

Doug
January 12, 2016 04:26AM
In this case I could not keep my settings. I would have to delete it only when needed.

January 16, 2016 05:51AM
It would be interesting to hear if these problems persist once you upgrade to DWC v1.08 and my latest firmware version. If it does and you're using Windows, please perform a TCP/IP stack reset. If that doesn't cure your symptoms, please send me a Wireshark dump so I can look into this again.
January 16, 2016 08:33AM
chrishamm
It would be interesting to hear if these problems persist once you upgrade to DWC v1.08 and my latest firmware version. If it does and you're using Windows, please perform a TCP/IP stack reset. If that doesn't cure your symptoms, please send me a Wireshark dump so I can look into this again.

I'll try ,is DWC v1.08 out already?
January 16, 2016 09:08AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login