Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simplify3d/Ormerod2/1.09o-ch/ Prints not centered on bed .. (resolved)

Posted by dapsaille 
Simplify3d/Ormerod2/1.09o-ch/ Prints not centered on bed .. (resolved)
December 13, 2015 05:03AM
Hello,

everytime i print something with my ormerod 2 (gcode generated by simplify3d) the print start out of bed on the left side (2cm outside) ...

How can i "center" the print ? i've found many options in simplify3d but it doesn't seem to work (Toolhead offsets, global offsets) and/or i don't understand them.

I'd prefer to configure it directly on my ormerod trough config files if possible, do you have any clue ?

Regards
Florent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 09:31AM by dapsaille.
Re: Simplify3d/Ormerod2/1.09o-ch/ Prints not centered on bed ..
December 13, 2015 05:18AM
Hello Florent,

you have to "play" with the M208 parameter.
These are the values for my Ormerod 2 (but it is still not centered perfectly)
M208 X200 Y205 Z200 ; set axis maxima (adjust to suit your machine)
M208 X-4 Y-8 Z-1 S1 ; set axis minimum (adjust to make X=0 the edge of the bed)
Especially the second part is of interest. These values depends hardly on your machine. As I have no original Ormerod 2 and a totally different bed support please expect other values.

Best regards,

Sven

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
December 13, 2015 05:25AM
thanks i'm trying thoose options smiling smiley

dumb question = how can i say to my printer to move to x0 y0 for exemple ? eye rolling smiley

edit = with this config

"
M208 X200 Y205 Z200 ; set axis maxima (adjust to suit your machine)
M208 X0 Y56 S1 ; set axis minimum (adjust to make X=0 the edge of the bed)
"

in web interface i can't got under 56 for y position but physically the head is at the exact same place as before .. i must be missing something ....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 05:31AM by dapsaille.
December 13, 2015 05:29AM
Hmm, where is "s" in how many dimensions do you live? grinning smiley

You can type "G1 X0 Y0" for example. adding the F-parameter adjust the speed: "G1 X0 Y0 F6000". Or study this page: [reprap.org]

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
December 13, 2015 05:32AM
yes sorry, i've edited my post ^^

anyway, i don't understand why my printhead stay at the exact same place (out of the bed) when i modify axis minima .
December 13, 2015 05:49AM
dapsaille
yes sorry, i've edited my post ^^

anyway, i don't understand why my printhead stay at the exact same place (out of the bed) when i modify axis minima .

It depends on which firmware and homing files you use. If you use mine, then the M208 parameters define the X and Y homing positions, so adjusting M208 will correct the print head position. If you use the RRP homing files, they contain G92 commands that define the homing positions, so you need to adjust those G92 commands to get X=0 and Y=0 at the edges of the bed.

Once you have X=0 and Y=0 at the edges of the bed, then you just need to set the S3D Origin Offset to zero and the Build Volume parameter correctly to get your prints places in the centre.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 13, 2015 06:10AM
Hey I took it with humor regarding your typo, so keep it easy. It looked funny in my eyes, no big deal.

If you are using recent versions of dc42's firmware or chrishamm's (Chrstian Hammacher's) firmware you have to rehome the axes before the M208 command changes take affect.
Anyhow as it ssems like the original firmware uses other commands (I did not expect this as it is based on version 1.09 from Christian Hammacher) so please provide the firmware which you are using.

December 13, 2015 06:40AM
Hi Florent,

The base point must be in the bottom left bottom corner (i.e. 0, 0, 0) as seen here:

You can configure all those settings in the G-code tab of your printing profile. This is what my current Ormerod profile looks like:

I have attached my firmware configuration file (which you can import under Tools -> Firmware configuration) too. I can share my start and end G-codes as well if you like.

HTH!
Attachments:
open | download - RepRap Duet.frm (981 bytes)
December 13, 2015 07:11AM
dapsaille
everytime i print something with my ormerod 2 (gcode generated by simplify3d) the print start out of bed on the left side (2cm outside) ...

How can i "center" the print ? i've found many options in simplify3d but it doesn't seem to work (Toolhead offsets, global offsets) and/or i don't understand them.

If you slice from other program was centered (guess your first slice was with Slic3r) and that program was setup correctly then you must not have setup Simplify3d correctly, should look like this

:

I'd prefer to configure it directly on my ormerod trough config files if possible, do you have any clue ?

Yes, that would be the correct way to do it, there's a howto in this link if you are using dc42's firmware:

[miscsolutions.wordpress.com]

Erik
December 13, 2015 07:14AM
ormerod168
Yes, that would be the correct way to do it, there's a howto in this link if you are using dc42's firmware:

[miscsolutions.wordpress.com]

Thanks to dc42's improvements this works with my firmware fork too winking smiley Older versions of RepRapFirmware relied on G92 in the homing files, but that concept is really out-of-date...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 07:15AM by chrishamm.
December 13, 2015 08:13AM
Treito Sorry if my words seems too rude, i didn't want to blame or hurt anyone, my english is a little .. rusty smileys with beer

Thanks to everyone for all thoose informations, i will read/test/undestand (i hope) all this stuff in the evening.
December 13, 2015 08:15AM
chrishamm
Thanks to dc42's improvements this works with my firmware fork too winking smiley Older versions of RepRapFirmware relied on G92 in the homing files, but that concept is really out-of-date...

Nice! - BTW, bad time of the year to lose your zombie pants (lol) - its bloody cold outside :-)

Erik
December 13, 2015 08:22AM
I did not have had an impression like you would have blamed me. I thought completely the opposite direction that you would have thought that I would have blamed you: smileys with beer
Lovely these situation where two persons are trying to talk in a foreign language and something goes wrong. I just had the same situation at work. A colleague which really sounds rude but it is not his intention. But I got complainants even from our partners about him so I was not the only person who misunderstood him. So your writing is really harmless compared too that person.

December 13, 2015 08:23AM
Well...

:-)
December 13, 2015 09:30AM
thanks everyone

M208 X200 Y215 Z200						; set axis maxima (adjust to suit your machine)
M208 X0 Y-15 S1						; set axis minimum (adjust to make X=0 the edge of the bed)

did the trick ^^

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 09:30AM by dapsaille.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login