Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lifespan of parts on Ormerod 1

Posted by tig124 
Lifespan of parts on Ormerod 1
December 16, 2015 09:53AM
Hi,

Just out of interest what is the expected life time of parts on the ormerod? I have had some fracturing of parts which is frustrating as I am still getting to grips with the printer and trying to get a good print out - However its looking more likely that I need to replace at least the Hotend nozzle mount and now also the bracket that holds the z axis (Which I just noticed as trying to find out why I now have a slant on a part!)
Re: Lifespan of parts on Ormerod 1
December 16, 2015 11:09AM
Non of the parts should AFAIK break down with normal use and PLA temp. but the parts made for countersunk screws might split

Regarding the Hot end nozzle mount, I do not like the original one, prefer a model with out the slots like this one:

RepRap Ormerod Extruder Nozzle Mount for cap screws:
[www.thingiverse.com]

"...also the bracket that holds the z axis.."
If you mean the Z lower mount, chrishamm, the artist former known as Zombiepantslol made a version with conuntersunk screws:

[forums.reprap.org]

..and if you mean the z-foot I think you would be much better of making one in aluminium or steel, make it a bit longer and mount it with two 6mm screws, should be obvious why, don't know why they did not do this from the start

Erik
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login