Advanced

New Fillament printing issues

Posted by tig124 
New Fillament printing issues
December 27, 2015 06:05PM
Hi,

If you look at the following link,

[techyman3d.blogspot.co.uk]

The Black print is using new fillament from Fillamentum It has a recommended print temperature of 190 - 220, as I have explained I have been setting this to 190, however it looks like it has been too hot (if you look at the top of the print it has some sagging ) as opposed to the white print which is straight... Have I got this prognosis right? Is it possible that the temperature needs to go lower even though this would be below the minimum of the , or is something else going on here?

Thanks
Re: New Fillament printing issues
December 28, 2015 05:09AM
tig124
Hi,

The Black print is using new fillament from Fillamentum It has a recommended print temperature of 190 - 220, as I have explained I have been setting this to 190, however it looks like it has been too hot (if you look at the top of the print it has some sagging ) as opposed to the white print which is straight... Have I got this prognosis right? Is it possible that the temperature needs to go lower even though this would be below the minimum of the , or is something else going on here?

Thanks

Do you have a cooling fan? if not try printing 2 or three of them at some distance from eachother to give them time to cool ,it is a verry small part and would require quite a lot of cooling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2015 05:11AM by Darathy.
December 28, 2015 09:33AM
No I don't have a cooling fan, i will try printing out two of them though... However the white PLA printed fine
December 28, 2015 01:19PM
tig124
No I don't have a cooling fan, i will try printing out two of them though... However the white PLA printed fine

Yes ,might be due to Dye that the company uses ,diferent colors might require diferent temperatures and companys. You can try lowering temperature aswell ofc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2015 01:19PM by Darathy.
December 28, 2015 01:57PM
..and a darker filament will absorb more radiated heat from the nozzle

Erik
January 04, 2016 03:45PM
Darathy
tig124
Hi,

Thanks

Do you have a cooling fan? if not try printing 2 or three of them at some distance from each other to give them time to cool ,it is a very small part and would require quite a lot of cooling.

I would recommend using a cooling fan when printing with PLA.
I been printing parts using a luminous green filament from the same manufacturer. At first the print speed was slow 35 mm/s and the external perimeters where curling up, causing failed prints. From some research I found that running the printer faster at 45mm /s and external perimeters speed was auto (0) or 50% in slic3r settings. Hot end was set to temp setting of 195 degrees C this gave better prints. Had the cooling fan set to default settings in slic3r
January 08, 2016 06:37PM
Excellant interesting , I will check these against the fillament setting I have.. Gives me a good start.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login