"We have decided to close RepRap Professional Ltd"

[reprappro.com]

Erik
Re: RepRapPro closing down
January 04, 2016 12:24PM
NOOO!!!!!
January 04, 2016 12:57PM
I tweeted them to see if they are selling off their stock so at least we could stock up on parts, but so far they have not replied. I feel sorry for people that just bought printers for Christmas.
January 04, 2016 12:58PM
Sorry about this, everyone, and thanks for all your support over the years.

I was made redundant on 11th December. I've stayed away from the forums since then to avoid any embarrassing questions, until there was an official announcement. I'll help out where I can, though I don't actually own an Omerod! I do have a Fisher, though, and might be able to have the Tall-merod at some point.

Anyone want to employ a technical support engineer?! Any (helpful) suggestions gratefully received!

Ian
ex-RepRapPro tech support
January 04, 2016 01:02PM
Ian, Sorry to hear you were made redundant.

By any chance do you have the details for the dual extruder for the fisher. It was posted on twitter back in October I think but no details surfaced.

BTW - Check out the Fisher XT thread in the Fisher forum, I re made mine to be extra tall and out of Aluminium.
January 04, 2016 03:18PM
Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear that where made redundant from your support role at RapRepPro.
Your emails regarding support issues with my Ormerod 2 during the last year helped me so much get my printer printing.
They showed good detail and knowledge.

Chris Hills
3DPrint and Stuff
January 04, 2016 03:34PM
Hi Ian,

So sorry to hear you were made redundant. Your help when I was assembling my Ormerod 2 was invaluable.

If you or anyone else knows where we can find some quickset nozzles 0.3mm and spare 0.5mm or spare glass print beds i'd appreciate it.

Guess i'll have to convert to an E3d hot end now if I can't find spares.....

Neil.
January 04, 2016 03:37PM
wtf!!!
Sorry to hear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2016 03:40PM by Fpex.

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
January 04, 2016 03:48PM
NeilFrazerLX
If you or anyone else knows where we can find some quickset nozzles 0.3mm and spare 0.5mm or spare glass print beds i'd appreciate it.

I asked my local glass merchant to cut me some glass print beds. They are ordinary 3mm float glass, or you can use 4mm for extra rigidity. The nozzles and brass Bowden ends are going to be more of a problem.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 04, 2016 03:52PM
What about this community? Will it still live? It is a great source of ideas.
Damn. Th death of the cube was ok, but RRP ... a shock,

January 04, 2016 04:12PM
Fpex
What about this community? Will it still live? It is a great source of ideas.
Damn. Th death of the cube was ok, but RRP ... a shock,

I would think/hope the community could be become stronger.
Upon the RRP site, all the shop links are broken, (no spare parts available) but the best resource on there is the documentation is still available that helps people build the machines from the parts the community supplies. It states that the information is open source and vast and the files are on git-hub but I not seen anything that's as detailed as the pages under the support section of the site upon git hub. It's also a bit messy after the attempt to use a library system changed human names to numbers upon the STL files, so finding the file which will replace a broken printed part becomes a lot harder.
January 04, 2016 04:22PM
Wow, what a blow. What happened???

Sorry to hear of your redundancy, I too have had direct help in the past and that will be missed.

I hope the community will continue as will the Ormerod and other build projects.

Another RS Ormerod Mk1 meets the world smiling smiley

Retired now but I used to make....
CNC Machined Mk1 aluminium bed support plates for the Ormerod
CNC machined X-plates and ribs for Mk1 & Mk2 Ormerods
CNC machined bed support arms for the Mk2 Ormerod.
Dual Hot-End heatsink blocks.
January 04, 2016 04:43PM
You can use wget to download the entire site. It's about 800mb, Might also be worth grabbing a copy of their GitHub in case that disappears.
January 04, 2016 04:50PM
Might be a good idea.

January 04, 2016 04:53PM
I did not download the whole site but I saved off all the documentation, FAQ's and any other info I could find as PDF files.
I sure hope the forum keeps going.
January 04, 2016 04:58PM
I'd already kept some instructions but mirrored the site just in case. Will probably do the git hub too.

I'm hoping that the stuff they had in development like dual extruder for the fisher get released as is too.
January 04, 2016 05:04PM
Is the forum site safe??

Another RS Ormerod Mk1 meets the world smiling smiley

Retired now but I used to make....
CNC Machined Mk1 aluminium bed support plates for the Ormerod
CNC machined X-plates and ribs for Mk1 & Mk2 Ormerods
CNC machined bed support arms for the Mk2 Ormerod.
Dual Hot-End heatsink blocks.
January 04, 2016 05:07PM
I hope ... I am mirroring the site, but the forum ...

January 04, 2016 05:10PM
Good question, the domain reprap.org is owned by Adrian Bowyer who ran reprap pro. Perhaps someone could tweet him and ask. Reprappro are currently ignoring my tweets.
January 04, 2016 05:12PM
Sorry to hear that. I was going to place an order yesterday but couldn't find the "Add to cart" button. I saw the Christmas announcement and assumed it was temporary... bummer.

I printed my documentation out before starting my build, but it'd be good to have a digital copy. Could someone share their script to download the documentation?
January 04, 2016 05:18PM
Well, if the forum goes ... here i goes my modifications of the ormerod. I probably leave it as is ... but i was planning to make and OB using DC42 firmware on duet and a kraken, without the forum that would be madness.

January 04, 2016 05:24PM
I'm mirroring reprap.org too. Just in case. Lol.
January 04, 2016 05:29PM
Tell us how big it gets and if it works.

January 04, 2016 05:44PM
reprap.org and the forum are self contained and separate from RepRapPro; there's no need to mirror it, it was never directly under RRP control. Also, the RepRapPro github should stay around in perpetuity - there's no reason to delete it, so all the files should be available for as long as there is a github. I think the plan for the documentation is to leave it up as long as the RRP site lasts, then save all documentation as pdfs, and post the pdfs on the RepRap.org site, so it's still available. I don't know who is responsible for doing this, though, and it's in a format that isn't compatible with the reprap.org wiki, so moving it any other way will be a bit of a headache. It makes me feel very sad, after all the work I put in on the documentation! And yet there was still so much to do, especially tidying up the commissioning/calibration/printing pages...

Ian
(no sig)
January 04, 2016 05:50PM
Reprap.org as a domain expires early 2020. But who's to say that Adrian will keep on paying for hosting etc. It's not like he's made any announcements. And he did start selling a new printer design right up to closing the company.
January 04, 2016 05:52PM
DADIY
Good question, the domain reprap.org is owned by Adrian Bowyer who ran reprap pro. Perhaps someone could tweet him and ask. Reprappro are currently ignoring my tweets.

Sally's last tweet was just before Christmas and the Reprap pro account has been quiet also. Adrian's has been active in the last 5 days.
I have just tweeted him with a link to this forum post asking what happens after the 15th. Could be a positive thing rather negative.
January 04, 2016 05:55PM
DADIY
Reprap.org as a domain expires early 2020. But who's to say that Adrian will keep on paying for hosting etc. It's not like he's made any announcements. And he did start selling a new printer design right up to closing the company.

Which printer?

January 04, 2016 06:00PM
The new printer design was the Fisher 1.
January 04, 2016 06:14PM
Fpex
DADIY

Which printer?

It's the fisher, A rep-rap pro version of a delta; mostly laser cut parts, self build which gave a very lost cost start cost/build project.
Produced good prints and was fast
There was also an upgrade kit for ormerod 2 which which replaced filament for paste.
A straight forward upgrade after adding the duel extruder kit to a basic ormerod 2.
January 05, 2016 12:22AM
These are shocking news. Ian I am very sorry about your job loss and I hope you find a new one very soon.
RepRapPro
We are an open-source company. This means that all our designs, software source-code and documentation are freely available online on our website and on Github. All that information will continue to be available into the future.

it looks like the site will go on.

DADIY
You can use wget to download the entire site.

How did you manage this? Wget downloads the documentation including the pictures, but the html-files still uses the online ressources for the pictures even though I used the -k switch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2016 12:22AM by Treito.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login