Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is my Duet board fried?

Posted by DasBasti 
Is my Duet board fried?
February 10, 2016 05:57PM
I just touched the duet board on the back of my running printer and all the lights went on, the motors did some strange noises and then shut down. Now it does not boot up and does not appear as USB device. I just wiggled a bit on one of the stepper motor cables to make sure it is connected.

I tried using the USB cable without luck so far. I pressed the flash erase and reset button couple of times but there is no USB device showing up. Is it dead? What can I do to check if it is still OK?

Damn it.
Re: Is my Duet board fried?
February 10, 2016 10:23PM
You can try to touch carefully the microchip. If it is hot then your board will be probably dead.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
February 11, 2016 07:53AM
Turn off the printer (i.e. remove its 12V) and plug in a USB cable. If your PC does not recognise that any USB device (of any sort) is connected, you have unfortunately probably fried your board - probably something shorted the 12V rail to an input. The easiest way to check if a USB device has connected is to connect via a hub that has LEDs that light when a valid device is plugged in. If the LED lights, then the Duet CPU is still running in principle and there is hope.

Dave
February 11, 2016 05:54PM
Ok, I just unplugged every connection. and it works again. maybe something shorted out.
February 11, 2016 10:10PM
So you are lucky. The Duet could be damaged easily in case of a short circuit.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
February 17, 2016 11:45AM
Hello Basti,
Hey Treitosmiling smiley

I have the same problem. First the connection via www disconnected and then the connection via browser asked for a key, but I have not entered any key.
Then suddenly the RJ45 turned off. I tried launching Duet via USB and installed firmware again, but nothing happend.
I also tried to disconnect all plugs and my PC found connection via USB, but it was disconnected 2 minutes after.
The duet has no burn marks and jumper9 is connected. The LED near the micro USB glows.
I don't know what to do, can someone help?
If it's clear that the duet is broken, then maybe someone could link me a website where I can buy a new one for an affordable price.

The Firmware is "RepRapFirmware-1.09"
Arduino "arduino-1.6.1-windows"
Duet v0,6
February 22, 2016 05:00AM
Hi Bigbangnow

is there any part of the board that gets hot after you plug in the usb cable? What device is showing in windows? Maybe you have pressed the erase button and now you need to reflash the firmware?
February 24, 2016 05:12AM
Nope ,is not too hot, and i can see device in Windows, Ethernet is didnt work and any LED on RJ45 glows.

I bought new Duet, its work, but I have constantly 2 Error, and after 10 minutes connection via www disconnected and then the connection via browser asked for a key, but I have not entered any key.
Attachments:
open | download - Unbenannt.png (129.5 KB)
open | download - Unbenannt2.png (135.6 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login