Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My x-carriage is hanging

Posted by lehar 
My x-carriage is hanging
February 25, 2016 04:19PM
Are there some who have made an alternative solution for x-Carriage?
I experience my coming to hang because it gets hot and melts (printing ABS bed = 110°C), and because of the weight of the fan.

Are there others who have experienced the problem?
Anybody have a solution?

I use Daves Aluminium X-Arm.

Best reagrds
Per

Attachments:
open | download - X-car.jpg (109.1 KB)
Re: My x-carriage is hanging
February 25, 2016 04:32PM
I suggest Printing the hot end parts in ABS. Original parts are in PLA and its glass temperature is ~65C and ABS ~105. If you cant print it find someone who can localy.
February 25, 2016 05:05PM
Also you might need to use the x-carriage design which runs the bearing along the back edge of the x-rib rather than the one which runs it under the edge

Supporting 3D Printers with Parts and Build services.
Printer: Ormerod 2 (528.4) Duel extruder set-up with Aluminium X-Rib, RRPro Firmware v1.11-ch (2016-04-08)
February 26, 2016 06:56AM
Your first ABS prints should definitely be replacement X-carriage, hotend (including fan) and extruder parts - everything that is exposed to the higher bed temperatures. ABS parts will not soften enough to deform, but the oroiginal PLA parts definitely will.

In fact to be safe, the best idea is to first print all the necessary parts in PLA so that you have replacements should they become too damaged to finish printing the ABS versions.

Dave
February 28, 2016 08:21AM
I only can agree with Dave. First reprint all hot-end-parts in PLA before printing the hot-end-parts in ABS. Starting with the x-carriage you should use version 528.4. Do you use the original supplied x-carriage or an alternative one?

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
February 29, 2016 04:59PM
Hello

I often have problems with the head is hanging. So I made solution. See picture. an additional line to hold the head in position.
It seems to be working.

Best regards
Per

Attachments:
open | download - Mod.jpg (89.6 KB)
March 01, 2016 07:05AM
Doesn't that arrangement prevent the nozzle from lifting to ride over any bumps or curl-ups in the previous layer?

Dave
March 01, 2016 09:11AM
dmould
Doesn't that arrangement prevent the nozzle from lifting to ride over any bumps or curl-ups in the previous layer?

Dave

Agree. This is not a solution that I would recommend.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login