Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Duet Web Control 1.10 and RepRapFirmware 1.09v-ch

Posted by chrishamm 
New Duet Web Control 1.10 and RepRapFirmware 1.09v-ch
March 02, 2016 07:23AM
See [forums.reprap.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2016 08:07AM by chrishamm.
Re: New Duet Web Control 1.10 and RepRapFirmware 1.09v-ch
March 02, 2016 12:15PM
Thank you Chrishamm,

Just updated my Ormerod 2 with your new firmware and also the updated Web Interface. All went smooth. Very happy about the new firmware update feature via Web Interface! I always left my controller box open because of firmware updates and finally now after a year I actually screwed the lid on :-) . Hope to not having to open it again, Thank you for continuing with upgrading and enhancing the Duet!
March 03, 2016 09:39PM
markdoll01
Thank you Chrishamm,

Just updated my Ormerod 2 with your new firmware and also the updated Web Interface. All went smooth. Very happy about the new firmware update feature via Web Interface! I always left my controller box open because of firmware updates and finally now after a year I actually screwed the lid on :-) . Hope to not having to open it again, Thank you for continuing with upgrading and enhancing the Duet!

Someone had actually created a part to print to press the buttons without opening the case which I've used sucessfully, but I can't find who did it right now.
March 04, 2016 05:10AM
Did you mean these? [www.thingiverse.com] In fact there are multiple ways to enter the bootloader, but until now you always had to connect a USB cable to flash a newer firmware:

1) Arduino implements a "hidden" feature to restart the board into bootloader mode when the USB port is opened at 1200bps and then closed again. On Linux I use this in my Makefile: stty -F $(DUET_PORT) 1200 -ixon -crtscts
2) Both dc42 and I have implemented M999 PERASE to unlock the whole Flash memory and to restart the Duet into bootloader mode
March 04, 2016 10:55AM
Vertikar
Someone had actually created a part to print to press the buttons without opening the case which I've used sucessfully, but I can't find who did it right now.

David aka dc42 did:

[github.com]

Erik
March 06, 2016 09:18AM
chrishamm
Did you mean these? [www.thingiverse.com] In fact there are multiple ways to enter the bootloader, but until now you always had to connect a USB cable to flash a newer firmware:
Those are the ones! But I pulled them from the git link that Erik posted I think.

I do like the idea of being able to upgrade via the web interface though.
March 07, 2016 01:51PM
chrishamm
pantau, thank you for that Wireshark dump. I have addressed the underlying problem in my new firmware release, please feel free to give it a try and let me know if that fixes your problem. I tried to flash dc42's firmware using the web interface as well, but this actually resulted in the first 512 bytes of flash memory being erased. Unfortunately I don't have a good explanation for this yet, because the flasher binary compares the data as soon as it's written (which succeeds) and when I try to flash my own firmware binaries via the web interface, it always works. I will try to fix this as soon as I get an idea why it's happening though.

Ok web interface firmware update worked from 1.09-w-alpha to 1.09-w.
Known errors like AJAX and temperature issues seemed to be gone, could not test for too long.
New issue:
But I had to cycle power on my printer during print (still have an ATX power supply with a switch). I did this very fast, like off-on in less then 1s.
After that T0 (heater 1) was stuck at -273 and T1 (heater 2) at 50.
I first did suspect a hardware defect after fast power cycle, but as I couldnĀ“t find one I did flash 1.09r from dc42. That fixed the problem!
I also checked the sd card but no file was corrupt.
Could it be that something in the firmware is overwritten on a fast power cycle?
March 07, 2016 02:08PM
pantau
But I had to cycle power on my printer during print (still have an ATX power supply with a switch). I did this very fast, like off-on in less then 1s.
After that T0 (heater 1) was stuck at -273 and T1 (heater 2) at 50.
I first did suspect a hardware defect after fast power cycle, but as I couldnĀ“t find one I did flash 1.09r from dc42. That fixed the problem!
I also checked the sd card but no file was corrupt.
Could it be that something in the firmware is overwritten on a fast power cycle?

Thanks for your report, I'm looking into this.
March 07, 2016 04:10PM
I've just pushed version 1.09x to my GitHub repository. This problem wasn't caused by the firmware update process, but because I forgot to initialise some time variables after I had restructured some initialisation routines in my previous release. I'm not sure why this problem didn't show up on my Ormerod 1 though, but I could easily reproduce it on my Ormerod 2.
March 08, 2016 07:05AM
chrishamm
I've just pushed version 1.09x to my GitHub repository. This problem wasn't caused by the firmware update process, but because I forgot to initialise some time variables after I had restructured some initialisation routines in my previous release. I'm not sure why this problem didn't show up on my Ormerod 1 though, but I could easily reproduce it on my Ormerod 2.

Ok, now everything works as expected, I had 2 prints 4h each without any AJAX errors or other issues!
Thanks a lot for your firmware and support!
March 11, 2016 07:20AM
Just thought you would like some feedback.
I was using dc42's firmware and web control 1.08 before and had no disconnection problems.
With your 1.09x-ch I have had many disconnections - ajax error
Also, the print status detail is not being updated, I can only get Print Duration updated after a page refresh or reconnection.

I am using simply3d.
The old web control/firmware worked well.

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
March 11, 2016 12:10PM
appjaws1
Just thought you would like some feedback.
I was using dc42's firmware and web control 1.08 before and had no disconnection problems.
With your 1.09x-ch I have had many disconnections - ajax error
Also, the print status detail is not being updated, I can only get Print Duration updated after a page refresh or reconnection.

I am using simply3d.
The old web control/firmware worked well.

Sounds odd to me, because the feedback I have seen on chrishamm's latest release is good. Would you care to try my 1.09x beta at [dl.dropboxusercontent.com] and see if it has the same problem? I am using it with DWC 1.10.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 11, 2016 12:37PM
Tried your beta3 firmware and I still have the same result.
On the print screen, as soon as I confirm which a file to print, the %completion is 100% and all of the detailed boxes are at 0.

I am using windows 10 and the new browser and slicing is with simplyfy3d.

This is very strange.

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
March 11, 2016 01:21PM
Paul, please can you upload your gcode file to Dropbox or whatever and post a link to it. The new PrintMonitor module has some major changes, and it didn't like my gcode files either when I first merged those changes in.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

March 11, 2016 02:12PM
appjaws1
Tried your beta3 firmware and I still have the same result.
On the print screen, as soon as I confirm which a file to print, the %completion is 100% and all of the detailed boxes are at 0.

I am using windows 10 and the new browser and slicing is with simplyfy3d.

This is very strange.

What do you mean by "the new browser"? The DWC is no t compatible with Microsoft a browser Edge, use chrome instead.
March 11, 2016 02:35PM
It should work with all popular browsers---shouldn't it?

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
March 11, 2016 02:39PM
a quick gcode file that does not work with the new updates.

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
Attachments:
open | download - house-test.gcode (28.1 KB)
March 11, 2016 03:28PM
appjaws1

No it does not. It is no small task to implement support for all variants of browsers. We should be grateful for all great functionality in DWC despite it is only compatible with chrome.
March 12, 2016 03:32AM
Even at work we have a SCADA system as HMI for PLCs which is not cheap and this does not work either with Microsoft browsers. You can thank Microsoft who doesn't fulfill the simplest HTML standards.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
March 12, 2016 03:54AM
appjaws1

Different browsers have differing levels of support for HTML5. See [html5test.com] for a comparison. Edge is still behind Chrome and FireFox.

Having set that, I just printed your house-test.gcode file with both Chrome and Edge attached (DWC 1.10, RRF 1.09x-beta3), and both displayed and updated the print status screen correctly. I disconnected Chrome part way through, and Edge continued to display correctly. The version of Edge I am using is 25.10586.0.0 with EdgeHTML 13.10586. When I tested Edge several months ago it didn't work well, but there was a major update to it last November.

March 12, 2016 10:18AM
Well, as usual it's been my fault.

with 1.09x-dc42-beta3 and web interface 1.10 all works in firefox and chrome.--- will I ever learn.

Thanks for all your efforts

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
March 12, 2016 11:06AM
appjaws1
Well, as usual it's been my fault.

with 1.09x-dc42-beta3 and web interface 1.10 all works in firefox and chrome.--- will I ever learn.

Thanks for all your efforts

I'm glad it's working for you now. Which browser were you using that didn't work?

March 12, 2016 12:13PM
I was using edge in windows 10, I have just tried again and it will not show the data.

But good news, using chrome I have just updated the web interface from 1.10 to 1.11 by just dropping the zip file onto the Upload files button on the settings page.-----very impressive
next I will see if the firmware update works.

great job from both dc42 and Christian

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
March 12, 2016 02:47PM
appjaws1
I was using edge in windows 10, I have just tried again and it will not show the data.

Strange, Edge was working fine for me today. Are you on the same version of Edge that I reported 4 posts ago?

March 13, 2016 07:05AM
Yes the edge is the same version as you, I wonder if I have some settings different that could affect this.
Just tried again with the same results.
I'll just use chrome.

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
March 13, 2016 09:02AM
Paul, if you are still using my 1.09x-beta3 release, please upgrade to 1.09x-dc42 now. It fixes a couple of bugs in the beta.

March 13, 2016 09:13AM
It that a newer version than 1.09r-dc42 (2016-01-16) (the one I am using)?

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
March 13, 2016 09:23AM
Fpex
It that a newer version than 1.09r-dc42 (2016-01-16) (the one I am using)?

Yes.

March 13, 2016 10:44AM
Thanks David,
I have an error, please see other post on main update page.
Paul

OpenSCAD version 2020.07
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login