Web interface clarification please
March 12, 2016 12:05PM
I will be using a diamond hotend for some prints and a thought occurred to me that the time estimates and completion %, based on filament usage might not work with multiple extruders

Looking through a gcode file, produced by slic3r for 3 extruders and one heater, I noticed that the filament used is listed for each extruder:-
; filament used = 148.9mm (0.4cm3)
; filament used = 132.2mm (0.3cm3)
; filament used = 158.4mm (0.4cm3)

I assume that the web interface will only report one of these in the filament used and the progress box or does it sum all of the filament used?
How would the time base on filament usage be affected? It needs to work off the total for all 3 extruders.
Would it be better to include total filament used for each extruder as an information box?

I have been unable to test and see exactly what will happed to the collected data at the moment due to waiting for a part.

Perhaps this has already been solved when duel extruders were introduced, if so sorry for raising the issue.

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
Re: Web interface clarification please
March 12, 2016 02:48PM
The firmware sums the filament requirements and usages over all the extruders.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login