Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New RepRapFirmware 1.10-dc42

Posted by dc42 
New RepRapFirmware 1.10-dc42
March 24, 2016 07:14AM
I am pleased to announce version 1.10 of my fork of RepRapFirmware. This release includes chrishamm's latest networking improvements and adds support for firmware retraction. Details available here [forums.reprap.org].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2016 07:14AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New RepRapFirmware 1.10-dc42
April 16, 2016 09:15AM
My Inferred sensor hasten worked in several releases back.

RepRapFirmware-1.09j-dc42 -> RepRapFirmware-1.11-dc42 = M119 Endstops - X: at max stop, Y: not stopped, Z: at min stop

X and Z Axes are triggered all-was, yet the reading on the Web page (Sensors) is 15 - 20

When i move the X Axes so the Web page (Sensors) is 374 - 376, the M119 Endstops - X: at max stop, Y: not stopped, Z: at min stop

Is there a Setting in the config.g i can change?

I have Attached my config.g
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (2.9 KB)
April 17, 2016 11:46AM
Ok, I just ordered one of your Height sensor boards, hopefully that will tack care of the issue.
April 17, 2016 06:52PM
gdwinslow
My Inferred sensor hasten worked in several releases back.

RepRapFirmware-1.09j-dc42 -> RepRapFirmware-1.11-dc42 = M119 Endstops - X: at max stop, Y: not stopped, Z: at min stop

X and Z Axes are triggered all-was, yet the reading on the Web page (Sensors) is 15 - 20

When i move the X Axes so the Web page (Sensors) is 374 - 376, the M119 Endstops - X: at max stop, Y: not stopped, Z: at min stop

Is there a Setting in the config.g i can change?

I have Attached my config.g

I know the support for simple modulated IR sensors was broken in.my fork several versions back, then fixed. It's not something I test in every release. But I'll test it in 1.11 tomorrow or Tuesday.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 17, 2016 07:46PM
I just tested the support for simple modulated IR sensors in firmware 1.11 on a Duet 0.6 and also a Duet NG prototype, and it works on both boards. I guess it's possible that it doesn't work on a Duet 0.8.5, if that's what you have.

How do you have the sensor wired to the Duet? If it is a 0.6 board without a shield or DueX4 attached, it should be as shown here [reprappro.com].

April 30, 2016 01:32PM
I have the erlyer board Duet 0.6 with the Duex4 on my RepRapPro Mendel 3. I put the Duet Electrons on it before RepRapPro started selling it with the Duet electronic. I did get your board in the mail and have adapted it to my newer Hotend for RepRapPro Mendel 3. it is wired to the Same DAC port i used on your erlyer ormarod board i got from you. When it burned out the Power pines for the Hot end i replaced my hotend with a newer RepRapPro Mendel 3 hotend. The wiring to the Duet is still the same. Was there a wiring change for the Senser?
April 30, 2016 03:14PM
The wiring for the proximity sensor did change, but that was many firmware versions ago. Which firmware version did you upgrade from?

Note that if you have the DueX4 version 0.2A with the flying lead between it and the Duet, then the Z probe modulation signal is not available on the DueX4 expansion connector and you have to pick it up from the 3 pin jumper block instead. I posted the details either here or on the Duet forum recently.

May 02, 2016 03:38AM
Hi dc42.

I have an Ormerod 2.
I would like to try your firmware because I have been very dissatisfied with the Rep-rap firmware, for some time. In fact i was using a very old firmware because it worked and the newer firmware was just problematic. However i cannot seem to get a response from the board after a successful bossac.exe upload of your firmware.

After I upload the firmware using the Rep rap instructions, i then move over to the Arduino and look for a successful connection via the serial printer, and I get no communication, the same goes for Pronterface and the web interface.

I looked in the device manager and there seems to be 2 drivers loaded for the Duet when your firmware is loaded.: there is a 'due' driver, which i find on com5, and then the 'duet', which would be on com8, and this has a yellow warning flag referring to a bad/incorrect driver. I have the latest Arduino loaded and the correct boards fore the drivers.

I know the board works because I then reloaded the Rep Rap 1.09 Firmware (or the latest) and found it in Arduino, Pronterface, and the web browser.

Any ideas? I know the Duet is a bit sensitive and one needs to let it power down or rest after erasing / loading / restarting. However I have never been able to upload you firmware.

Many thanks.
Helix

I did also update the
May 02, 2016 04:42AM
Hi Helix,

There is a driver issue with my latest build (1.11) on some older versions of Windows. I will issue an update soon, but in the meantime I suggest you try version 1.10+4 instead.

HTH David

May 02, 2016 08:35AM
I use Windows 10 as well as Linux. May I am affected, too? It seems that there is no problem with Linux, but to be honest I normally don't use the USB-connection.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
May 02, 2016 12:14PM
Windows 10 automatically uses its standard serial-over-USB driver when it sees an unknown CDC device, so it isn't affected.

May 02, 2016 12:41PM
Okay thanks. I did not test it yet as I had serious trouble to update the FW from 1.09 to 1.11. First I was using Windows 10, but the device was not recognized (after deleting the flash). Starting Linux I found out that there was trouble with the cable, but with Linux the recent version of bossa and bossac was not working for what reason ever. Luckily the bossac from Arduino 1.5.6 was working fine. Regarding Linux the output of lsusb looks good.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login