Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Am I missing parts?

Posted by xeb 
xeb
Am I missing parts?
April 01, 2016 07:47PM
Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I just picked up my first Reprap from RS today. 2 minutes into the Y-axis assembly and I'm already stuck tongue sticking out smiley.

I opened bag #750 with a label 'Y & Z axis set - 6 bags' and compared it to the image from the documentation. It appears I may be missing:

• M3x12mm cap head screw
  • M3 Nut
  • M4 T-nut

I would assume everything I need for the Y-axis assembly would be all in the same bag. I've looked at the other bags in the box and don't see the missing hardware above.

Are those parts supposed to be in the same bag or am I missing something?

xeb
Re: Am I missing parts?
April 02, 2016 06:04AM
Quick bump.

Can someone advise where I can source those parts above? They do appear to be missing. It doesn't help that there's no longer a reprap support team.
April 02, 2016 10:25AM
if i remember there were begs only with screws seporatly ,You can find them in local hardware shops where they sell screws. As for the T nut i am not sure ,ask in the hardware shop or look at ebay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 10:26AM by Darathy.
April 02, 2016 10:56AM
Yes, look on ebay for t nuts on ebay, I found several sources.

Unless you're lucky you'll find it difficult to find m3 bolts locally. The best source I've found in the UK is [www.technobotsonline.com] they're not expensive, have a good range of fastenings & their service is superb.

regards
CUA193
April 02, 2016 01:53PM
The screws are all available on eBay, look for countersunk socket head screw or cap head screw etc.

Another RS Ormerod Mk1 meets the world smiling smiley

Retired now but I used to make....
CNC Machined Mk1 aluminium bed support plates for the Ormerod
CNC machined X-plates and ribs for Mk1 & Mk2 Ormerods
CNC machined bed support arms for the Mk2 Ormerod.
Dual Hot-End heatsink blocks.
April 02, 2016 05:34PM
M4 TNuts were difficult to find locally. I ordered mine from AliExpress, a pack of 100 was less than $10 with free shipping
April 03, 2016 02:16AM
What about contacting RS and claiming?

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
April 04, 2016 12:26PM
Treito
What about contacting RS and claiming?

Good luck with that one... I used to work at RS and head office are just awful at doing returns of discontinued stock.

All those hardware parts are easily found via ebay
April 11, 2016 05:28AM
If you are in the UK, then talk to RS Components and get them to replace or source the parts, as they are the retailer they are responsible.
Don't let them fob you off.

Explanation of the law (UK): [www.which.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login