Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spare parts

Posted by 88Zombies 
Spare parts
April 04, 2016 05:19AM
I have just seen the reprap ormerod shop has closed!!! This is such a shame.
They were so reasonably priced and provided an amazing service!!!

does anyone know if the parts are still available? e.g. the duet, hot ended nozzles, aluminium blocks??

really worried about using now in case I brake anything and can't replace!

any help MUCH appreciated!!
Re: Spare parts
April 04, 2016 05:58AM
See [www.emakershop.com] for the extruder parts. Ask them if you need parts that are not listed.

The Duet is available here [www.think3dprint3d.com]. This is the newer 0.8.5 version, which supports dual extrusion without an add-on board.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 09, 2016 06:50PM
thank you!!!!

there is one slight issue, I finally got around to ordering the 0.3mm nozzle but they only do quick-set...
is there a way to upgrade my ormerod 1 hotend to the ormerod 2 hot end assembly?

I have purchased the nozzle, a quick-set cooling block. I'm assuming i can print most parts but there is a new arcylic fan holder i do not have... could i just print one?
If so does anybody have a file/measurement to hand? or does it come to colse to the source of the heat to be printed??
[reprappro.com]

As for the wiring i will probably just run the second fan off the psu to save rewiring.

any help greatly appreciated!!

(thank you dc42 you've helped me a fair few times in the past aswell!!)
May 09, 2016 07:17PM
I see no reason why you can't print the fan spacer, although if the second fan hangs off it then I guess it might bend eventually with the load and the heat. You should be able to find the DXF file for it in RRP's github repo, then use a modelling program such as OpenScad to turn it into an STL with a defined thickness.

The second fan should be connected to the FAN0 output of the Duet, so that it is turned off when printing the first layer or when printing ABS.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 09, 2016 10:20PM
RepRapPro seems to have transformed to reprapltd, which is another source for spare parts: [reprapltd.com]
And replikeo still have spares: [www.replikeo.com]
May 10, 2016 06:41AM
dc42
I see no reason why you can't print the fan spacer, although if the second fan hangs off it then I guess it might bend eventually with the load and the heat. You should be able to find the DXF file for it in RRP's github repo, then use a modelling program such as OpenScad to turn it into an STL with a defined thickness.

The second fan should be connected to the FAN0 output of the Duet, so that it is turned off when printing the first layer or when printing ABS.

Import the DXF file into OpenScad. I used the following commands. The first part, $fn makes the curves smoother, you can play with this till you find the best setting for you.
$fn=50;
linear_extrude(height = 5)
import("741.dxf");

Print in ABS and you should be OK, in fact it's easier to get the part cooling fan on and off.

Try the attached file.
Attachments:
open | download - QS_fan_spacer_5.stl (383 KB)
May 11, 2016 04:21AM
thank you both! parts printed & ordered
May 12, 2016 06:23PM
RepRap Ltd is the company of Dr Adrian Bowyer (founder of the RepRap project) and daughter Sally, and was around before RepRapPro. RepRapPro was the name of the company they formed with Jean-Marc, who runs Emakershop. History lesson over!

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login