Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heater not working, Brown around pins

Posted by PaulHam 
Heater not working, Brown around pins
June 03, 2016 03:38PM
Hi all.

I had to print 3 objects today. did the first 2 fine (usual issues with connecting through the web interface and gcodes uploading but stuck at 100% but thats it)

on the third one i noticed that the fan didnt come on for the heater, i tried uploading the gcode again but ive realised that i cannot command the heater manually either. Also when i look at the plug from the heater which goes into the IR sensor board I can see that its brown around the contacts (photo below) also it seems that the plug is stuck, like its welded itself?

Any ideas what went wrong? and what i need to do to fix it?

Re: Heater not working, Brown around pins
June 03, 2016 06:44PM
The most likely reason for that is a bad crimp on the cartridge heater wire. You can remove the crimps from the plastic shell by inserting a very small flat bladed screwdriver or the point of a knife in the slot in the shell.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 04, 2016 05:28AM
I cant disconnect the plug from the board. it stuck tight.
June 04, 2016 07:28AM
I finally got the plug off, it was quite bad underneath., I cleaned up the contacts and its working now.

DC42, can you tell me what the 2 pin connector and pins are called so that i can order some new ones.

June 04, 2016 10:53AM
PaulHam
I finally got the plug off, it was quite bad underneath., I cleaned up the contacts and its working now.

DC42, can you tell me what the 2 pin connector and pins are called so that i can order some new ones.

[www.rapidonline.com]
[www.rapidonline.com]
June 04, 2016 05:41PM
As Darathy says. But if you drop me a PM with your address, I'll put some in the post to you. Is it just the shell and the crimps you want, or are you looking to replace the PCB header as well?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 05, 2016 06:35AM
Thanks Guys!

David - PM'ed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login