Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Proximity sensor brackets number

Posted by Magoo 
Proximity sensor brackets number
June 04, 2016 07:33AM
Can someone please tell me what that number in brackets is on the proximity sensor? On my ormerod it is usually pretty close to the other number. It is quite a bit different on the Replikeo Ormerod 2.
Re: Proximity sensor brackets number
June 06, 2016 05:16AM
Since I got no replies, maybe I didn't phrase my question well. I am talking about the proximity sensor reading on the web interface. It has a reading and then another in brackets. I always assumed the one in brackets was an average. But it is acting strangely on the replikeo ormerod.
June 06, 2016 01:13PM
depending on the distance from the white Squares from 1 to 999 , trigger hight(hight at which you have set in your config file eg.:G31 Z0.8 P600) should be araund 600 make sure you have M558 P2 for original probe
June 06, 2016 03:06PM
Possibly, as it's a modulated sensor, the brackets is the unmodulated (ambient) reading.

That would possibly also explain if it was jumping about. But hopefully someone who wrote the code will answer for you *crosses fingers*
June 06, 2016 04:44PM
Also check if the printer is not in direct sunlight or near some bright lightsource it will also confuse the sensor.
June 06, 2016 05:36PM
Mitch
Possibly, as it's a modulated sensor, the brackets is the unmodulated (ambient) reading.

That is correct. If that number goes above about 50, try to shield the printer from whatever IR light source is causing that reading. The most common culprits are direct sunlight, and incandescent artificial light especially halogen.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login