Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tallmerod conversion, new firmware and DWC betas, and several new parts

Posted by chrishamm 
Tallmerod conversion, new firmware and DWC betas, and several new parts
August 19, 2016 11:40AM
It's been a while since I was active on this board, but during the past two weeks I had some time to convert my Ormerod 2 to a Tallmerod and modified several original parts. I also rebased my firmware fork from dc42's latest version and merged in most of my old changes. I documented everything on a separate blog article which is available here: [reprapfirmware.org]

I hope the new parts and firmware+DWC files will be useful for some users. If you decide to try out my new DWC beta and firmware, please report any problems you may encounter. Although the firmware version there is 1.16, I will officially release it as v1.15, because at the time of writing I didn't know if my HTTP request changes (which are required for DWC 1.12) would make it into dc42's 1.15 version. Now I know dc42 will merge them in before he releases his official version 1.15, so there is no reason to bump it to 1.16 at this time.

Feedback is welcome!
Re: Tallmerod conversion, new firmware and DWC betas, and several new parts
August 19, 2016 02:38PM
I am also looking at converting to Tallmerod also because some parts are cracking and basically I need to replace the Z axis anyhow. I will not use the DuetWifi thought, will I am going to read your blog post for ideas :-)

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
August 19, 2016 05:21PM
WoW thats briliant looking. Was planing to doing the Y axis simular way only in aluminium.
February 06, 2017 03:06AM
Has your blog been removed? i had it booked marked but goes to the firmware configurator setup
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login