Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AJAX timeout problem

Posted by RayC40 
AJAX timeout problem
November 17, 2016 10:17AM
I would like some help/advice on the following please. Ormerod 1, Electronics 0.6, firmware DC42's great firmware 1.16 2016-11-08 (I've followed DC42's Dev firmware for a long time. Thank you for your continuing dedication.

I get an AJAX timeout shortly after some prints. When I try to reconnect, it will at first connect briefly and then timeout after a few seconds, but after a few attempts the browser ( Chorme ) reports that the page is on accessible. I decided to give Firefox a go and whilst the result is the same the message showing in the bottom left hand corner says connecting to IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, then connected, then downloading data. After which Firefox reports web page unavailable and resetting.

It is then mostly not possible to reconnect until the print is completed and even then often needs a few power cycles and the reset button pushing a few times to get things away again. When I ping the printer in the timeout state there is no reply.

I've had issues with occasional random timeouts for a long time. So I've tried to ensure that the network is good and the printer Ethernet connection goes via a Netgear hub to the PC.

It looks to me as though the printer is too busy to service the Ethernet port while printing certain prints. Is this possible?

One other thing that occurs. If I switch the bed heater to PWM the timeouts occur much more frequently which I guess is due the fact that Ormerod 1 has an unshielded ribbon cable connecting to the bed.

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ray

Ray
Re: AJAX timeout problem
November 17, 2016 05:38PM
If there is no reply from a ping then my guess is that you have an intermittent hardware issue, possibly a poor soldered joint on the Ethernet phy chip. It's unlikely that the problem is network interrupts not getting serviced. But I guess it's also possible that all the network buffers are tied up. Next time it happens, send M122 and look at the Network diagnostics.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 17, 2016 05:54PM
Thank you for your reply. It was a hardware problem. I wondered if the SD card was not responding fast enough so I changed it for a another faster one and the problem has not reoccurred on a 5 hour print (just finishing now) which was dropping out just after starting before.

Thank you for all the work you do in developing the firmware and helping the likes of me.

Kind regards

Ray

Ray
December 02, 2016 11:44AM
I get the AJAX message when I switch off the main power unit via the button on it. So the printer is connected by ethernet + usb cables, but my web interface gives me the ajax message.
Didnt happen ever before until about a month ago, and happens every time since.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2016 11:45AM by Sardi.
December 05, 2016 06:51AM
If you mean that you are turning off the 12V supply, then I am not surprised. The power glitch is highly likely to result in the CPU crashing.

Dave
December 05, 2016 08:50AM
dmould
If you mean that you are turning off the 12V supply, then I am not surprised. The power glitch is highly likely to result in the CPU crashing.

Dave

but it didnt start happening until a month ago.. before that I could connect via web interface by only having the usb and lan connected. the main power switch was always off.
December 06, 2016 02:07AM
Sardi
I get the AJAX message when I switch off the main power unit via the button on it. So the printer is connected by ethernet + usb cables, but my web interface gives me the ajax message.
Didnt happen ever before until about a month ago, and happens every time since.

It could mean that your PC is provides insufficient 5V power via the USB connection, or that the 5V pin on the USB connector is no longer making good contact.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login