Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Diryt och scratched Nozzle?

Posted by lasse 
Diryt och scratched Nozzle?
January 03, 2017 05:40AM
Hello everybody.
I am new to this forum this is first ime i write on it but I have read a lot but didn,t find this topic.
I hav my Ormerod 2 for 2 years now and most of the time it prints in good guality and not to often unsuccesful prints . But last months the prints surface have been more uneven. Sometimes during printing the first layer the filament comes out through the nozzle divided in two halves and this immediately destroyes the printsurface. So I thought there maybe is some trouble whith the nozzle. Also I then notice that heat end temperature starts going up and down (its normally set on 205 degrees ). Another thing that happens then is that the retaining tounge losses.due to hard resistance when the filament goes through the nozzle. So I decided to take out the nozzle and heat it up whith a lighter and then clean it form waste plastic inside with a narrow metal tread. And after mounting it and recalibrate the Z probe height it prints better again but after some prints the same problems comes back so I have to clean it again. I have also adjusted the bed height whith the 3 adjustments scews. So I am thinking about ordering a new nozzle, but unfortunatly its not available in Sweden so I will order it from somwhere else maybe from England? (someone who knows from where?) So my question is could this solve the problem or could it be something elese?
Re: Diryt och scratched Nozzle?
January 03, 2017 06:38AM
My guess is that you failed in getting the grit out (is lodged further up in the nozzle) - or you filament is dirty

You could try the Nophead fix:

http://hydraraptor.blogspot.se/2014/07/pla-pipe-cleaner.html
So to recap:

Heat to extrusion temperature and pull out the filament being used.
Use a 0.4mm drill shank to clear the aperture.
Insert PLA (preferably natural so you can see the contamination) and flush through the remaining original filament. You may need to keep clearing the aperture with the drill shank.
Cool the extruder to 80°C with the drill shank in place to ensure the nozzle is clear.
Remove the drill and then pull out the PLA.
Inspect the end that comes out to see the culprit contamination.

[hydraraptor.blogspot.se]

To change the nozzle from time to time is always a good idea, you can buy a new one here:

[emaker.io]

Erik
Re: Diryt och scratched Nozzle?
January 03, 2017 08:43AM
Hello Erik!
I think is best to by a new nozzle, thanx for the link to emaker.
Lasse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login