Advanced

Web interface Crashes when reading Gcode file

Posted by jamesf 
Web interface Crashes when reading Gcode file
February 08, 2017 02:38PM
Hello all

This is a strange one (to me anyway)!

Ormerod 2
Firmware DC42 1.11 (I know I should probably update!)
Simplify 3d

I have a certain STL file that slices fine on Simplify 3d.

It uploads succesfully to the printer, then when I click "close" on the dialog box after the upload the web interface crashes with an Ajax error. (error reason "timeout"

If I reconnect the web interface again and navigate to the folder I put the file in, it crashes again - it seems to happen while it reads the file and before it displays the file information like print time and amount of filament used (the information right at the end of the file)

I have tried the following:
Slicing the same file with settings that have worked with other STL's - same result.
Slicing another model with settings I want to use for the problem one - those files work.
I have uploaded other gcode files again - they still work.
So I am sure that it is not a corrupt file.

I suppose it could be a bad STL - but I would expect Simplify 3d to give errors while slicing then.

Simplify also successfully runs a simulation of the print.

Any suggestions before I contact the source of the STL ( this is a commercial file from a kickstarter project I supported) Another file from the same set works fine - have not had time to test more,

Gcode is attached

Thanks

James

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2017 01:14AM by jamesf.
Attachments:
open | download - FDG0179_DLU_Floor_Wood2x2.rar (214.3 KB)
Re: Web interface Crashes when reading Gcode file
February 09, 2017 12:42PM
An update on my own problem

Used pronterface to print the above file. When I select it for printing it says something like "cannot print no file selected" and then a little while later (about 30 seconds) it starts printing. Thinking about it the delay could have been the extruder coming up to temp)

So definitely related to the web interface?
February 09, 2017 05:51PM
jamesf
Firmware DC42 1.11 (I know I should probably update!)

You said it yourself. That file uploads without problem to both my printers, which are running firmware 1.17d and DWC 1.14a.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 10, 2017 12:57AM
Thanks for going to the trouble of testing it David. I will update the firmware this weekend.

Perhaps I will also find the time to install the IR Board I got from you more than a year ago! smiling smiley - never seems to be enough time!

Of purely academic interest perhaps regarding the file - slicing two of the offending STL's together as one Gcode file makes no difference to it's readability.
February 10, 2017 01:45AM
Where can I get DWC 1.14

I only see 1.11 here [github.com]

and I am already using that

Thanks again
James
February 10, 2017 03:09AM
There is a copy as a zip file alongside the firmware binary.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 10, 2017 02:10PM
Works perfectly after the upgrade to 1.17d - thanks David

James
February 10, 2017 02:20PM
Glad it's solved. You ought to auto tune the heaters to avoid spurious heater faults. See [duet3d.com].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login