hobbed wheel
September 19, 2017 12:10PM
hey guys
i think my coldend is bugging me again.

for now I think im going to get a new hobbed wheel
any idea were to get it?
Re: hobbed wheel
September 19, 2017 01:54PM
I'm considering to design an Extruder with a standard MK8 gear as it seems that the Ormerod Extruder is the best I have found yet.
But I have no time at the moment so it will be around 2017-10-03 until I can finish the design

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
September 19, 2017 03:58PM
that sounds like an very good idea

if you are on it Id like to offer you my help with that
September 19, 2017 04:27PM
redblunt
hey guys
i think my coldend is bugging me again.

for now I think im going to get a new hobbed wheel
any idea were to get it?

[reprapltd.com]

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 20, 2017 05:20AM
thanks david
thumbs up
September 20, 2017 06:59AM
The disadvantage is that this part is only sold by very few shops.
My idea is to bring it to easy available parts and to offer an Extruder which can be used also for other printers like Delta.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login