Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3D and precision piezo on Ormerod

Posted by Dignitate 
E3D and precision piezo on Ormerod
November 11, 2017 03:33PM
Hi!
I´m working on a replacement to E3D and precision piezo for the Ormerod, prototyp is available at:

[www.thingiverse.com]

Please let me know what you think, hopefully I will have it installed on my Ormerod tomorrow.

Br
Micael
Re: E3D and precision piezo on Ormerod
November 14, 2017 01:52PM
Up and running after some smaller adjustments (updated file at thingivers)
[youtu.be]
December 28, 2017 08:51PM
Hi,
I have see your work some day ago.. and i like it a lot.
My old Ormerod 1 need a lift up.. Expecially for the z probing and bed compensation.

So i decided to order the genuine Precision Piezo and a e3d V6 direct chinese clone and star the mod of the old standar omerod 1..

Thanks a lot for your work.. I also have added two 30x30 fan and a litte of Dark Side of the Force.. grinning smiley

Here some photo.. waiting for the delivery of the piezo kit.. but alredy Printing (a lot better than standar extruder) with old differential ir probing..

Thanks again

Bye
Matteo
Attachments:
open | download - DarthMerod0.jpg (398.1 KB)
open | download - DarthMerod1.jpg (387.8 KB)
open | download - DarthMerod2.jpg (177.2 KB)
open | download - DarthMerod3.jpg (165.2 KB)
January 21, 2018 06:09PM
Hi Again..

I Have Mount the piezo kit.. made the grid compasantion ,over a 4mm hight temperature glass with light pink color sitting over the standard alu bedplate (the light sensor never worked) and print a first 0.15mm first layer..

Hamazing!!
Never done a first layer like this.. Also with a fullmetal Prusa I3 the first layer didn't print soo good!!
Attachments:
open | download - IMG-20180121-WA0002.jpg (232.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login