Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Longest build ever, question for DC42

Posted by brlowe 
Longest build ever, question for DC42
March 12, 2018 09:44AM
Hello everyone,
I got my Ormerod 2 over 2 years and have still not finished or printed anything with it. I have had it powered up and moved the table and head around but no printing yet. The hot end is currently taken apart and getting rebuilt or updated. I have the Dual hot end board from DC42 that I'm installing. I also have one of his wifi board and a panel duo setup. I have had all of this for over a year if not more.
My questions right now are,

Where are the most current hookup and setup instructions?

Instructions for the Dual hot end board?

Instructions for the wifi duet board?

Instructions for the Panel Duo?

Thank you

Brandon

*** EDIT ****

Let me add, where do I get the latest firmware and instructions to install it. I currently have the older 0.6 duet board. I think it is 0.6. Should I just install the new wifi board and start from there?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2018 10:31AM by brlowe.
Re: Longest build ever, question for DC42
March 12, 2018 01:07PM
I suggest you start with the Duet WiFi instructions on duet3d.com.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Longest build ever, question for DC42
March 12, 2018 01:21PM
Hi brlowe,

That's a lot of vague questions, so I'll try to answer or clarify some of them if I can, as dc42 has assisted me recently.

brlowe
Where are the most current hookup and setup instructions?

For what exactly? I am assuming the Ormerod 2 since you have later questions regarding various components. For that the answer is the last set left by RepRapPro at [reprappro.com]

brlowe
Instructions for the Dual hot end board?

Instructions for the wifi duet board?

Instructions for the Panel Duo?

For the DuetWifi - [duet3d.dozuki.com] should have everything you need.
Panel Due - I don't have one, but I would check out [duet3d.dozuki.com], [miscsolutions.wordpress.com] and [www.duet3d.com]
Firmware - [github.com] is the last Stable for 0.6-0.8.5 as well as Duet-Wifi

General info: For documentation on supported gcodes and configuration, see [duet3d.dozuki.com]. There is a tool for generating the config.g file and homing files at [configurator.reprapfirmware.org].
There is also the Duet forums at [www.duet3d.com] if you have a specific question regarding the DuetWifi.
(Note that dc42 didn't produce the Duet 0.6, although I've found him helpful and does answer questions - if you ask the right ones and give plenty of information!)

brlowe
Should I just install the new wifi board and start from there?

No idea. It's taken you 2 years to get however far you are (is the original Duet in now or not?) Also note that there are changes to the wiring between 0.6 and DuetWifi (and maybe some G-code changes with the later firmwares IIRC).
My opinion (although more work in the long run) is that since you've not finished or printed anything in this time, would be to use the 0.6 and get it together and working, knowing that if you do something really stupid and somehow damage the Duet, you're "safe" in that you have a backup plan (and can learn from your mistake) - but that is just my uneducated and humble opinion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login