Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quickset Nozzle?

Posted by WesBrooks 
Quickset Nozzle?
May 20, 2018 02:54PM
Hi All,

I've had a first iteration Ormerod 2 at work (cannibalised for a core-xy system) and now have a .2 Ormerod at home. Both have the original nozzle/hot end. What is the benefit of the quickset nozzle?
It seems a few bits need to be changed to support it. I'd guess moving to a V6 hotend would make more sense?

Thanks.
Re: Quickset Nozzle?
May 21, 2018 06:57AM
WesBrooks
What is the benefit of the quickset nozzle?

Simple, cheap, easy to adjust the height, flexible if you want to roll your own hotend (I like the way you can attach it low and near the nozzle tip)

I'd guess moving to a V6 hotend would make more sense?

It will be easier to ad a part cooling duct but if you want a cooling ring around the nozzle the x-axis smooth rod will get in the way and you will have to mount the hotend with the tip of the nozzle lower (too much is bad because of the way the hotend swings around the smooth rod) or in a longer distance from the x-arm (more wobble added from x-arm bearing)

The best designed cooling ring (air flow) on thingiverse IMHO is the DiiiCooler Rev3.21 but impossible to fit to the Ormerod as you can see (even with the nozzle 8mm lower as shown)

That why I chose the TAHfan19 instead but still had to lower the nozzle tip 8mm and turn the duct around z to make room for dc42's probe and the duet cover

Erik
Re: Quickset Nozzle?
August 07, 2018 08:18AM
What do you think about this one Erik.
[www.thingiverse.com]

Or perhaps even this one?
[www.thingiverse.com]

I am also now searching for a part cooling fan for my Ormerod 1. There are no fixing points that I can see.
What would you reccomend for printing PLA.

I will need to install a part cooling fan as well.

PS. I also stumbled upon this model
[www.thingiverse.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 12:03PM by Karoo Klong.
Attachments:
open | download - A1.jpg (206.4 KB)
open | download - A2.jpg (173.3 KB)
open | download - B1.jpg (39 KB)
open | download - B2.jpg (99.5 KB)
open | download - B3.jpg (136.5 KB)
open | download - C1.jpg (25.1 KB)
open | download - C2.jpg (27.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login