Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod2 Lost Contact with Webinterface

Posted by rjmusto 
Ormerod2 Lost Contact with Webinterface
May 24, 2018 11:17AM
Firmware Version: 1.09r-dc42, Duet 0.6 2016-01-16

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on sorting what i am sure is just a stupid problem.....

I have an Ormerod2 that has been happily doing its stuff for several years. Then for no apparent reason, a few days ago it stopped working via the webinterface. I can still ping the IP address and I can connect to the Duet via the Arduino IDE and all looks ok. I have tried a bunch of different SD cards, but still no response via the Ethernet connection.

I think this must be just some stupid issue that I can't p[in down, but having got nowhere, I clearly need some help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ralph
Re: Ormerod2 Lost Contact with Webinterface
May 24, 2018 01:11PM
When you tried the different SD cards, did you make sure that the /www folder was populated with the correct files?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 24, 2018 02:01PM
Hi dc42,
Good question. It is entirely possible I have got in a muddle here, as I have several version backed up on the pc - and it is now so long ago that I set all this up, I can't remember what the right ones are. Having said that, I think I've tried them all now!

But in any case, what is the correct version of Webcontrol to use for Firmware 1.09r? (I did download a copy of 1.21 from github, but that didn't sort it)

Thanks for the help,
Ralph
May 24, 2018 03:23PM
RRF 1.09r is so old that I don't know which version of DWC works with it. DWC 1.21 is certainly much to recent to work with it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 24, 2018 04:50PM
Ah, yes, looking at your files on github I am bit behind the times..... I will have to re-learn how to flash new firmware and then see how it goes.

Fingers crossed.
July 17, 2018 06:15PM
I had a similar problem. See [forum.duet3d.com]

If you solve it,please let me know via this thread! This Duet is currently being run by Octoprint to get around the lack of web interface!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login