Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bossac commands for Linux

Posted by rjmusto 
Bossac commands for Linux
May 29, 2018 03:55PM
Hi all,

After a long absence, I am now trying to update the firmware to the latest release on an Ormerod2 (it currently has v0.9).

But I have not been able to find the detail on running the bossac command - the copy of the website kindly hosted by cheeseandham does not seem to have the link working for that bit of the website.

So could someone please let me know how to check the com port and the syntax for the bossac command on a Linux system please? (Debian based distro)

I think this is the command line?:
bossac --port=[COM#] -U true -e -w -v -b [RepRapFirmware-XXX-DD-MM-YYYY.bin] -R

but not sure - or how to confirm the correct com port.

Many thanks,
Ralph
Re: Bossac commands for Linux
June 03, 2018 10:57AM
Hi

I have just performed an update on a ormerod 1. I followed the instructions from cheeseandham up to the point of using the bossac command. As recommended, I copied the bossac program and the RepRap firmware to the same directory and used the commend:

./bossac -e -w -v -b RepRapFirmware-1.09.bin

Note that the bossac program needs to have read and write privillages for the port in question. I am running an old version of Fedora in which the ports are usually locked-down. I have to re-new the privillages for the port each time the system detects a change in the port's status - this includes resetting the duet board.

sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyACM0

Details may vary with your system, however, assuming you do not have other arduinos connected the bossac program should be able to find the correct port without further assistance. The IDE software recommended for the arduinos can be a useful in determining which /dev/ttyACM0 port the duet is connected to - note the number may change when the port status changes.
Re: Bossac commands for Linux
June 12, 2018 02:57PM
That's great. Thanks a lot for the reply.

I'll give it a go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login