Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Experimental Ormerod 2 Wiki

Posted by cheeseandham 
My Experimental Ormerod 2 Wiki
October 30, 2018 08:44AM
A bit late to the party, as this forum topic is pretty quiet now!

My Ormerod 2 wiki

If you would like something added, let me know here and I'll merge it in.
(or I can create an account if you're really dedicated to the cause smiling smiley )
Re: My Experimental Ormerod 2 Wiki
October 30, 2018 02:38PM
I think there's still life in the Ormerod flavor yet! An easy to build suite of parts that have been tweeked to minimise the fractures and a close look at an evolved design (with different goals) will hopefully spark interest again.
November 12, 2018 11:04AM
Ah!
This is most welcome.

I am scavenging the grounds to find a solution to manual mesh bed leveling on an Ormerod one.

It has the standard optical sensor but its accuracy sucks. The printer bed has glass on it and I do note that the bed surface is not uniformly level.
I have adjusted the three set screws of the bed as best as I can but still the ventre and sides lift and bend down respectively.
So currnetly I am only setting z height to the centre of the bed, but with larger prints this is becoming very problematic.

So is there a way that you can create a macro or a series of macros to manualy record mesh bed leveling?
I would look at a grid of 3x3 probe points.

I hope this makes sense.

The other problem that I am faced with is that the x and y travel are'nt the same. So when I print a circle it comes out as an oval. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2018 11:16AM by Karoo Klong.
November 12, 2018 02:08PM
Have you tried to adjust the twist of the y axis rods at all? On the recent firmware that problem looks like a twisted bed.

Still running the standard sensor myself but do have a couple of the alternative ones to try at some point
November 12, 2018 06:01PM
Karoo Klong
Ah!
This is most welcome.

I am scavenging the grounds to find a solution to manual mesh bed leveling on an Ormerod one.

It has the standard optical sensor but its accuracy sucks.

I wouldn't use mesh bed leveling with the standard sensor. Glass is flat, so just put small white stickers on each corner and level with those using 4 point leveling.

I have a mini-differential sensor, and still use 4 point leveling (as my surface is flat also) and have good results with it.

(oh, and you should start a new thread next time, with the title fitting the problem smiling smiley )
November 13, 2018 02:58AM
Karoo Klong
So is there a way that you can create a macro or a series of macros to manualy record mesh bed leveling?
I would look at a grid of 3x3 probe points.

This has been supported as standard in RepRapFirmware for a long time. Just set the Z probe type to 0 in the M558 command, set up the grid using M557, send G29, and follow the prompts on DWC or PanelDue.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 13, 2018 09:04AM
Thank you David. I will try and find what you are describing.
What is DWC (is that the web interface)? I do not have a Touch Screen Panel Duo.

My apologies Cheeseandham.
I will start another discussion solely to try and adress this matter.
Thanks for your great work in the Wiki Page.
November 13, 2018 10:49AM
Karoo , No apologies necessary just trying to keep the forums navigable smiling smiley
and yes, DWC = Duet Web Control

[duet3d.dozuki.com]

You're looking for this with M558 P0 mesh leveling

November 13, 2018 05:47PM
Yes Yes! That's it! I hope.
Thanks you. I will do my best at trying to follow this and making it work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login