Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod 2 Y Axis End Plate Snapped!

Posted by veryevil 
Ormerod 2 Y Axis End Plate Snapped!
November 28, 2018 02:56AM
Hi, I've gone and snapped the Y-Axis acrylic end plate near the motor and that's left me with a dead printer.

Any one know where I can get a new one or has anyone got any better solutions. I've got metal upgrades everywhere else!

Cheers
Re: Ormerod 2 Y Axis End Plate Snapped!
November 28, 2018 05:00AM
Have you got a spare printer? I've printed some for my prototype and they are holding up ok.
November 28, 2018 05:32AM
Just the one sad smiley
November 28, 2018 05:33AM
Are you from the UK?

Edit: First try would be contact RepRapLtd and see if they can get some for you. If that fails let the forum know where you are and someone may be able to print a couple for you. May not be as good as cut acrylic but should get you buy until you have a better solution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2018 05:59AM by WesBrooks.
November 29, 2018 03:21AM
If your UK based then I've a couple here I could get in a jiffy bag and over to you for the price of said jiffy bag and postage. Further afield may not be so cheap.

Edit: Your previous posts show you are (or were!) UK based. Just PM me your address and I' get them in the post for you around lunch time. Jiffy bag and first class should easily be less than £10, most likely less than £5. If so I'll just get them in the post and pass you my email address for you to cover paypal P&P.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2018 03:49AM by WesBrooks.
November 30, 2018 11:26AM
WesBrooks

Edit: First try would be contact RepRapLtd and see if they can get some for you.

Yep - we can cut any of the RepRapPro laser cut pieces if needed. Just ping us an email with the part number and/or description.

Sally

Sally Bowyer
RepRap Ltd
November 30, 2018 12:13PM
Hello Sally, good to know but apologies in this instance as I had a couple of unneeded ones that I've sent his way. Can't rule out damage in transit but hopefully he should be sorted. I however may email about some PSU / Duet mount parts!
November 30, 2018 12:45PM
Arrived today in one piece. Thanks for the quick response and postage.

Haven't checked them against my printer but they look right.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login