Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding a limit switch to x axis

Posted by Sardi 
Adding a limit switch to x axis
February 03, 2019 09:24AM
Hi all,

I am about to replace my x-axis 5mm rod with an 8x8rod attached directly to the stepper motor.

Since Im using this sensor made by DC42 Im going to lose about 1cm of printing space near the Z axis since the X rod will be that closer to the printing plate. 1cm is not much now to think of it, but if I can make it not to lose any, why not.

I was thinking of puting a limit switch on the side where the sensor is now, and to move the sensor on the other side.

Will this combination work? And if yes, where do I plug the limit switch on the ormerod board? And do I need to add/remove/change anything to my config.g?
Re: Adding a limit switch to x axis
February 06, 2019 10:44AM
You are speaking of replacing the z-axis (up-down) rather than the x-axis (parallel to the cantilever arm) I presume, but you want to install an endstop switch for the x-axis?

I'm looking at doing the same mod to my Ormerod 2, partially because of the z-rod upgrade but also to be able to move my IR sensor closer to the nozzles.

As I understand it you would connect the switch to the x endstop pins in the same way as the y endstop switch is connected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2019 10:46AM by aniron.
Re: Adding a limit switch to x axis
February 09, 2019 05:51AM
aniron
You are speaking of replacing the z-axis (up-down) rather than the x-axis (parallel to the cantilever arm) I presume, but you want to install an endstop switch for the x-axis?

You are right, I wrote wrong (wanted to edit my post, but couldnt) smiling smiley

Thank you for the explanation, I will report back when the upgrade is done smiling smiley

Ormerod 2 tr8 DirectDrive Z Axis Redesign - this is the post I am following and it is made by an Ormerod 2 user, but I believe it works the same on Ormerod 1 and 2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login