Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod 1

Posted by Peter464 
Ormerod 1
April 09, 2019 05:23AM
Morning all

Firstly my apologies if this the wrong place, or it is to old for information.

I need some advice on an Ormerod 1.
Duet Version 0.6
Firmware Version 0.57a 16-01-2014

This was purchased as an unbuilt kit with some parts missing, however, that has been resolved apart from one issue. It was not supplied with the SD card with the files on.
I have connected it via usb and Arduino 1.8.9 which shows the Duet firmware version as 0.57a. I have followed the instructions on the Reprap website (it did not come with a manual), to upgrade the firmware, this is where I have come unstuck. I now have nothing showing for the duet within arduino, I have obviously erased the firmware but cannot install the new version.

This is how I am doing it.

Nothing is connected to the duet another than the usb lead. Bossac and the firmware file are in a directory on there own. I run bossac, although nothing is showing that it is, I just get a very brief flash of something on screen. Then I press the erase button and then the reset, but nothing appears to happen, I have left it for quite a long time to see if anything transpires, but nothing happens. The firmware has obviously been erased as I cannot get any info on the arduino application. I also notice on the Reprap website info there is a jumper on the duet board, on the ATX 5v is this required?

I am not an expert on this type of coding so any help would be greatly appreciated, preferably in an easy to understand format. Obviously I am doing something wrong and do not want to give up on the machine even though it is an older version.

If any further info is required please let me know.

Many thanks
Peter
Re: Ormerod 1
April 09, 2019 02:47PM
I suggest you download Bossa 1.9.1 from shumatec.com and try that. If you are running Windows, you can use Device Manager to expand the Ports - COM & LPT section, to identify which port is the Bossa port.

When you are powering the Duet form USB, you don't need any jumpers installed to run all the CPU functions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2019 02:47PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 10, 2019 03:54AM
Thank you for your reply and advice.

I will try what you suggest and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again
Peter
April 10, 2019 12:54PM
Have tried the suggestion above but still have problems.

The com port comes up as a Bossa port which means, I believe, there is nothing on the duet.

I run Bossa with the correct com port selected, I then click on browse to select the firmware file location and click write. All goes fine but nothing is written to the duet.

Has been tried with Win 7 and 10.

Any suggestions please.
April 10, 2019 02:55PM
Hi dc42

I have now managed to flash the software. Went back to the very first post on the forum and followed back from there, had not even given a thought to using the cmd prompt, that's age for you. have just got to work out how to flash the info to the SD card.

Thanks
Peter
April 10, 2019 05:19PM
Peter464
Have tried the suggestion above but still have problems.

The com port comes up as a Bossa port which means, I believe, there is nothing on the duet.

I run Bossa with the correct com port selected, I then click on browse to select the firmware file location and click write. All goes fine but nothing is written to the duet.

Has been tried with Win 7 and 10.

Any suggestions please.

You have to check boxes Erase All, Lock, and Boot To Flash. It's the same as for the Duet 2 series described at [duet3d.dozuki.com] but using a different firmware file.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login