Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet - Ethernet dead?

Posted by PaulHam 
Duet - Ethernet dead?
August 19, 2019 06:05PM
Hi all.

I have a Omerod 1 which has been great till recently.
The other day I turned it on and managed to connect (really slowly) to the web interface but then I lost connection and can no longer connect to it.

I can connect and control through USB and PanelDue (well sort of, the touch is awful)
The LAN connector has a very dim green LED constantly lit but it doesn't flash when I connect a ethernet cable.

Is there something that could have gone wrong? is it fixable? trying to print using Pronterface is not as user friendly as the web interface is!

Thanks
Paul
Re: Duet - Ethernet dead?
August 20, 2019 06:37PM
It sounds to me that the PHY chip is probably blown or has a bad solder joint under it. That's the small square one not far from the Ethernet socket.

BTW the Duet Maestro make a good replacement for the Duet 0.6 in an Ormerod, although if it is an Ormerod 1 then you will need new bed cables.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2019 06:39PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 21, 2019 04:24PM
dc42
It sounds to me that the PHY chip is probably blown or has a bad solder joint under it. That's the small square one not far from the Ethernet socket.

BTW the Duet Maestro make a good replacement for the Duet 0.6 in an Ormerod, although if it is an Ormerod 1 then you will need new bed cables.

Thanks, yes it is an Omerod 1, its been great till now.
However I dont think I can face a full controller swap.
August 22, 2019 03:02AM
I think RepRapLtd still has some Duet 06 boards.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login