Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod Firmware upgrade

Posted by kr15_uk 
Ormerod Firmware upgrade
December 10, 2019 07:26AM
Ladies and gents,

I've pulled my good old trusty Ormerod out and trying to get it back to it's formal glory.

Can someone give me a hint on how to upgrade it's firmware to the latest and greatest one?!
I've got latest .bin from RRF GitHub but M997 S0 is not recognised command, presume firmware is too old (it's currently on v1.09).
Or is it Bossa route I need to go down to?!

Ta.

Kris
Re: Ormerod Firmware upgrade
December 11, 2019 01:33AM
If M997 is not recognised then you will need to use bossac (as in the original Ormerod instructions) or Bossa.

Watch out for the X axis moving the wrong way after the upgrade. You will also need to replace the files in /www on the SD card with the files for Duet Web Control 1.22.6 or 2.0.4.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2019 01:36AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 01, 2020 03:54PM
I'm in the last throws of building my MK1 and just upgraded the firmware. The last update I could find was 1.09. Is there actually a later update?
January 02, 2020 12:04PM
The latest release for Duet 0.6 is 1.26, available at [github.com]. But so much has changed that some changes will be needed to the config.g file to work properly with it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 21, 2020 06:41AM
Hi Shandy. I have just upgrared my Ormerod 1 from v1.17 to 1.23 with a little help from Sally at RepRap Ltd.
She pointed me to a web page giving detailed instructions on how to update the software. See Firmware Upgrade Instruction
Because you have an early version of firmware you will need to use Bossac (aparantly it's easier in later versions) which involves installing the latest version of Arduino.
Note - 1.23 is the latest version you can have as later versions assume that you have a wi-fi connection between printer and PC

Once installed you may have to tweak a few commands in config.g
Good luck.
Peter
January 21, 2020 04:12PM
1.26 is the latest firmware version for Duet 0.6.

January 28, 2020 08:21AM
Hi, I'm updating the firmware of my Ormerod2 with standard IR probe and standard glass bed. I loaded firmware 1.26 which I understood to be the last one by downloading it from here: [github.com]
I am doing the calibrations, but the config.g files is too different compared to version 1.09. I managed a little by editing the config.g homeall.g and homex.g files which I attach because the probe was not finding the target, but I don't think I'm on the right track. I also looked here, but it refers to a delta printer so ..... [reprapltd.com]
Furthermore, with the config.g attached, when I send G32 the probe moves out of the target (near the 0 of the X axis) and does not perform the calibration.
As for the calibration of the Ormerod2 I found only references to the old firmware of dc42. Is there a link or tutorial to follow for calibration with firmware 1.26? I hope to solve, otherwise I will be forced to downgrade to 1.09. Thank you all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2020 01:52PM by Mak64.
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (2.9 KB)
open | download - homeall.g (998 bytes)
open | download - homex.g (649 bytes)
January 29, 2020 03:12AM
Try asking on the forum at [forum.duet3d.com]. I think there are some Ormerod 2 users there.

I suspect the reason that your G32 command isn't working is that either you haven't set up the Z probe X and Y offsets correctly in G31, or your G30 commands in bed.g are specifying nozzle coordinates for the probe points instead of probe coordinates.

April 16, 2020 03:45PM
Hello
I've upgraded Ormerod1/Duet 0.6 with last DC42 1.26 FW. Everything seems OK except that temperature values are not correctly returned (always 2000,00), either on Pronterface or Duat Web Control. When downgraded to 1.09, everything returned OK
Is there a special command in config.g 1.26 to get correctly the temp values?
Thank you
April 16, 2020 04:50PM
What M305 commands do you have in config.g ?

April 17, 2020 06:54AM
Hello
There are two commented lines :
;M305 P0 R4700
;M305 P1 R4700
This should be correct as I've checked that the resistors are really 1K, and not 4.7K.
And this works with older FW
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login