Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Replace Duet board on Ormerod 2 - broken micro USB port

Posted by efraimalexander 
Replace Duet board on Ormerod 2 - broken micro USB port
December 14, 2019 07:54AM
My Duet V0.6 died after the m-USB came off. Anyone who has tried a direct swap for a Duet 2 Ethernet, v1.04 or even a Duet 2 Wifi, v1.04?
Are they compatible?

I have tried to communicate directly on RX/TX using an FTDI USB cable but without success.
Anyone else who have tried communication with m-USB port torned off?
Re: Replace Duet board on Ormerod 2 - broken micro USB port
December 14, 2019 12:58PM
I converted my Ormerod to use a Duet Maestro. If it is a version 1 Ormerod then you will need to make an adapter to convert the end of the bed ribbon cable to heater and thermistor connections for the Duet.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 14, 2019 05:21PM
Yes, this sounds even better. I have an Ormerod 2. Did you capture the details, step by step? Or is it very easy?
Any worries with regards to voltage for the stepping motors?
December 15, 2019 03:33AM
On an Ormerod 2 it should be very straightforward to swap the original Duet for a Maestro. Some of the wires may be a little short to reach the connector positions, in particular the IR sensor wires. I run the stepper drivers in spreadCycle mode and the original motors in the Ormerod work well with that.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login