Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange behavior of my smartrap build

Posted by Xhnnas 
Strange behavior of my smartrap build
June 27, 2014 04:40AM
Hi everybody. I finally finished my smartrap build. Its the 0.46 version from Thingiverse with fishing line and servo leveling.

I assembled the parts as documentated and wired it as usual (But I used the standard Ramps 1.4 wiring diagramm instead of the one on smartfriends.com)

Everything looks fine, if I hit the endstops manualy they are triggered. But this is all what is working correctly. The Servo is not working, I using a SUB Micro 3.7g Servo WK P0037 from K Power. I wired it as + - "signal" on the max Z endstop as shown in the pictures. But its not moving. So I decided to deploy the probe manually to home the axis. If I'm homing each axis manually, it works fine, the x axis is moving to the x endstop, the y axix to the y endstop and the z axis to the z endstop.

But If i try to home all axis at once, the stepper motors are doing whatever they want. The Y Axis is moving in the wrong direction, the X Axis wont moving, and the Z axis is moving normally.

After Homing when I try to move the build plate by +X +50 in Repetier, the Axis is moving to the left, by hitting the same button again the axis is now moving in the opposite direction back to the endstop. I don't know what is up with the settings. I'm using the servo firmware from github.

Ps. Sorry for my bad english.
Re: Strange behavior of my smartrap build
June 27, 2014 08:58AM
Are you using the Smartrap version of Marlin as your firmware?
June 27, 2014 02:20PM
Yes, there were two Versions, Marlin and marlin no servo. I used the First one
June 27, 2014 07:14PM
I would recomend checking endstop status with m119, make sure the logic is correct, ie; they are showing as triggered when they are triggered and open when they are open. I was having problems very similar and turned out to be endstop wiring issues, loose connections or faulty end stops. Once they got squared away it started behaving as expected. Good luck
June 28, 2014 03:29AM
Thanks, but i already checked the behaviour of the endstops and they are working as they should.
June 29, 2014 02:56AM
Keep in mind that the build plate is Y axis, not X

Have a look in the configuration.h you maybe motors or endstops are inverted.
In my build thread you can find my config files. though your motors might be wired opposite (I'm using Regpye's Marlin BTW)

#define INVERT_X_DIR
#define INVERT_Y_DIR
#define INVERT_Z_DIR

For the motor that moves in the wrong direction you can change the according setting true or false
Same for the endstops

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login