Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motor Y and Z autolevel probe issues...

Posted by blindsnake 
Motor Y and Z autolevel probe issues...
January 31, 2016 10:25AM
Good afternoon.

I have finished assembling smartrapcore ALU ver 0.95 and when I tried to calibrate it I noticed that only one of the horizontal motors is working. I think its an issue of ramps board cause when I change the motor Y to slot X it starts working. At the same time motor X stops working when I connect to slot Y.

Also I am having problems with end stop Z. The led is always on and it doesn't stop bed when it approaches the nozzle. If I invert black wire with blue in ramps the led is always on but the bed rests in the bottom position and don't goes up cause end stop is activated...

Anyone knows any solution...?

Thanks in advance.

Joel
Re: Motor Y and Z autolevel probe issues...
February 03, 2016 09:49AM
Hi Joel,

Did you find a solution for your problems? I'm waiting on a ALU kit and curious to hear your experience? Have you been able to print anything yet?

Best,

Andy
February 03, 2016 01:12PM
Hi Andy.
I spoke with Serge from smartrapcore and apparently the sensor and the pololu for y are damaged. Waiting for replacements to finish calibration.

So I didn't print yet anything.
But in overall I am satisfied with smartfriendz. It ain't easy to sell 3d printers in kit and assemble them without having some problems before finishing it. Its the disadvantage of the kits I think.
But for the price u pay....
Btw , the ALU printer is one of the easiest to assemble. No need of soldering and many parts are already pre assembled.

Good luck with your ALU

Joel
February 04, 2016 01:51AM
blindsnake
It ain't easy to sell 3d printers in kit and assemble them without having some problems before finishing it. Its the disadvantage of the kits I think.

A lot of people from the reprap community would disagree with you. If the parts are good quality you will not have any problems building the printer.
If I were selling printer kits I would check the electronics before sealing the box and sending it to a customer to avoid further trouble.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login