Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

print bed moves 13CM away from nozzle before print

Posted by dmac257 
print bed moves 13CM away from nozzle before print
February 04, 2018 04:53PM
home build smart rap corexy almost done .. was going to print a test cube but didn't work at all so need to iron out some issues.
Marlin on ramps1.4 board
repetier host

I tried to calibrate the extruder stepper motor but the extruder motor is making a lot of noise.. it looks like it is trying to feed WAY faster than the nozzle can handle the plastic. It feeds and reaches a point that it is beginning to get back tension on the filament and the stepper motor jumps back to relieve the tension. So I am thinking the feed rate and/or steps per unit are wrong for the extruder. I left them at the default setting but I think it should have been lower because I am using 3mm filament. I don't see anything in documentation online about setting the feed rates according to the diameter of the filament.

As for the subject line issue ... I must be missing something .. G28 homes X and sets X=0 .. homes Y and sets Y=0 .. moves to x235 y232 .. homes Z and sets Z=0 .. last moves to z2
repeatable .. every time same sequence ends in same place.

when I load the STL for the cube .. slice it and look at it in print preview it looks fine.
I can step through the layers etc and it all seems fine

when I click print .. it does the G28 code ... It doesn't auto level (don't know why that isn't happening) and then does something weird. It moves z to 15cm above the bed. heats the hot end and starts bleeding plastic from that height while it moves back and forth.

Any ideas for me to try?

dmac257
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login