Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do I flash my Ramps 1.4?

Posted by knife-edge 
How do I flash my Ramps 1.4?
October 25, 2014 10:11AM
My Smartrap is almost finished and is looking pretty good. But now I have hit the step in the build that I have been fearing, programming.

How do I flash my Ramps 1.4 for my smartrap .4.9 and where do I get the files to flash it?

I'm completely lost when it comes to this stuff so as much help as possible is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Griffin
Re: How do I flash my Ramps 1.4?
October 25, 2014 10:34AM
Hi,

Re how to flash the board. This is a general question that's been answered many times elsewhere.
As a starting point you will need the Arduino software at [www.arduino.cc] to upload the firmware to Arduino Mega (RAMPS Board).

The firmware files for the Smartrap can be found here in the Github files [github.com] in the Firmware, Marlin folder.

Look on Google if you run into trouble as there are too many steps to list them all here. You can find loads of tutorials if you search online.
Maybe look in the appropriate place on the reprap forum if you have more questions.

Regards
Mike
October 25, 2014 12:20PM
Alright thanks Mike,

So I now have my arduino being recognized by the arduino software and my computer.

I am still lost as to what I need to put on the arduino. I opened the github and I see a ton of files with sketches in them. Which one do I choose? And do I just copy the lines of the sketch and then paste them into the arduino program and hit upload?

Thanks,
Griffin
October 25, 2014 05:08PM
Connect the Ramps board to the PC, open Arduino software, make sure the software is set to 'Mega 2560' in 'Tools, Board'.
Select 'File, open' then open the Github files you downloaded and select the file called "Marlin" in the 'Firmware, Marlin' folder.
This will open the Arduino sketch and you should see loads of tabs in Arduino.
Then click the Upload arrow at the top of Arduino.
You will see the lights flicker a bit on the Ramps board once it begins to upload.
When it's uploaded you can shut down Arduino on the PC, Start Repetier and connect to the Printer.
Finished. Hopefully.
October 25, 2014 11:51PM
It did the trick mike.

I really appreciate the help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login