Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Largest smartrap part?

Posted by loidor 
Largest smartrap part?
December 05, 2014 02:19PM
Right, my repstrap is close to finished, and I'm about to testprint later tonight.

Thing is, the build area came out a bit smaller than expected. X is 80 mm and Y is 55 mm, but I can probably stretch Y a bit (I guess I can get it up to 80 mm as well). Z is about 80 mm as well. What's the dimensions of the largest smartrap part?
Re: Largest smartrap part?
December 05, 2014 11:50PM
The largest smartrap part can be printed at 100mm x 100mm if it is rotated diagonally. It is I believe the x axis main piece.
December 06, 2014 07:35PM
loidor
Right, my repstrap is close to finished, and I'm about to testprint later tonight.

Thing is, the build area came out a bit smaller than expected. X is 80 mm and Y is 55 mm, but I can probably stretch Y a bit (I guess I can get it up to 80 mm as well). Z is about 80 mm as well. What's the dimensions of the largest smartrap part?
My SmartRaps print on a build plate that measures 250 x 225 and the height is near 200mm high.
You don't have to follow the same build dimensions, you can change things to suit what you want.
Using a Genie hotend, you can also print at high quality and fast.
I also use a heated bed so that there are even more options available.

[regpye.com.au]
"Experience is the mother of all knowledge." --Leonardo da Vinci
December 07, 2014 06:31AM
I guess I'll print what's possible and cut up and crazy glue what's not and then print them on the smartrap smiling smiley

And I'm getting a Genie, don't worry smiling smiley Just need to wait until the other side of Christmas, that's all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login